Thread: Brushy Mountain

Sad Brushy Mountain

Has anyone experienced problems with Brushy Mountain this year? I ordered four, assembled, cypress, 8-frame supers/hive and not one of them was square. They had gaps when stacking by as much as 1/4". They only send their cypress, 8-frame assembled. I complained to no avail and ended up having to take them apart, square them and reassemble myself. They said to put weight on them. Well, when they don't stack squarely no amount of weight is going to help. They then said not to worry about them because the bees will fill the gaps with propolis. I worry about the freezing temps, robbing bees, other bugs, etc. Very frustrated!

Arrow Re: Brushy Mountain

I have two orders with Brushy Mountain, Order one was on 4/24/2010 at 6:50:21 PM EST . Order two was on 4/26/2010 at 6:06:41 PM EST. Order two was shipped out to me on GREENSBORO, NC, US 05/11/2010 3:54 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    05/11/2010 2:16 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    RALEIGH, NC, US 05/11/2010 12:45 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    RALEIGH, NC, US 05/10/2010 11:40 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    WILKESBORO, NC, US 05/10/2010 8:43 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    05/10/2010 8:00 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    US 05/08/2010 1:00 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

And order one was shipped out today. It will take two days for the order to go out with UPS. You can see from order two that it was shipped out 05/08/2010 , but scan on 05/10/2010. All that I can say is just give it time. All orders are will be back orders.

Default Re: Brushy Mountain

I have made about 4 orders from them so far this year. With out fail there is always something on back order that delays shipment. Other than that I have had no problems. I still think they have the best prices overall.

I had the same problem with the cypress hive boxes. They were not a little off square, they were unusable.

NueroBee, Did they send you out new ones, or did you just junk them and order elsewhere? Rossman Apiaries also has 8-frame cypress I'm thinking of trying.

Re: Brushy Mountain

From Brushy Mountain Bee Farm, Inc My Order two will be delivery today and Order one will be delivery on 05/14/2010 "Thank God".