Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Dandant-evaluation of service

I ordered two grafting tools from the Michigan location. I received them the very next day while in the middle of grafting with a paperclip. Boy was I happy!

I love review threads like this...especially when I am stuck trying to decide which vendor to go with for a large to me order. Dadant is one of 4 companies I am considering. Not now...so now I am down to three.

decided to try an order on line with dadant asked to ship from paris (local branch) to my bussiness address they sent from hamilton to my house

placed order on phone with paris branch on monday at 11:00 am for some honey bears and box of frames and some plastic cell tuesday at 4:00 had my order (thats overnight )

so bottom line call local branch they know the most economical way to ship and only charge actual shipping so saves a lot in shipping costs

On my most recent Dadant order they advised me that they were running 5 - 7 working days behind. Fortunately there's nothing urgent in mine. My advice...plan ahead.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

I have used Dadant twice this year. First shipment took almost three weeks, the secon approx 4 days. I did try to call the Va office before ordering online again but could not get any answer for a few hours. I just went ahead and ordered online. Guess speed is kinda hit or miss. Otherwise I am very happy with the prices and products.

I've experienced slow service from Dadant before, but the "funniest" thing is that their coveralls have what I think is a serious engineering defect. The coveralls include access slits so you can get to your pants pockets. Fine idea, but the problem is that they are completely wide open! No closures of any kind. If you rightfully order your coveralls a little large the access slits splay wide open and provide nice access points bees to get inside your suit.
    I love buying products and then promptly enacting modifications to provide basic functionality.
    -Reid

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    I've experienced slow service from Dadant before, but the "funniest" thing is that their coveralls have what I think is a serious engineering defect. The coveralls include access slits so you can get to your pants pockets. Fine idea, but the problem is that they are completely wide open! No closures of any kind. If you rightfully order your coveralls a little large the access slits splay wide open and provide nice access points bees to get inside your suit.
    I love buying products and then promptly enacting modifications to provide basic functionality.
    -Reid
    I just bought the same pair of coveralls.Put them on and stuck my hand in the slot and reached my pant pocket and said what the...If I can reach in there I'm sure the bees will figure it out.

I ordered the coveralls and a pair of gloves on line. Took well over a week and half to get them. Medium gloves are too small and going back for a large pair. We'll see how ez the exchange will be.-Rob

have used dadant also NY office pleased with service and goods shipment was promt also.
    Bob F Seaman

StevenG has it right, Arlen is the man to go to(Hamilton Il.) I call 3 weeks ahead, place order with a window of a few days for pickup. A week out, I firm up the pick up day and time. I then drive past the Watertown branch, and laugh as Arlen shakes his head, watching me put 2 pallets, (1400 lbs of wood and foundation) in my VW van. He learns, doesn't shake his head any more.

Roland
    Linden Apiary, Est. 1852

I have orders stuff from 3 diffrent suppliers and dadant is a almost a week slower than the rest.

I have great success ordering products from Dadant's Chico, California location. I haven't dealt with others.

Matt

I have had good service from Dadant. Their frames are some of my favorite. What I don't like is I have to pay sales tax when I order from them because they have a store here in Florida and you still have to pay for shipping ofcourse. So I don't order from them very much only because of this. I do try and go pick up bigger orders from the store in High Springs when I have a chance.

Cool Re: Dandant-evaluation of service

As far as the metal rest, your better off without them. I took mine off after a week.They started to rust out and leaked rusty water down the insides.
    They can send you the ones for 10 frame,and cut them down with a wire snips, real thin metal.

I am a newbie and ordered about $1,600 worth of material from the Hamilton office. I received a lot of help and every thing arrived in excellent condition.I took a while as they had to order some top feeders for me. I returned a few items and they were great even paying for UPS return. I have also ordered from a few other places and have not had any problems with anyone.

There is a reason they have been in business 150 years.

1. They will help you get what you need.

Need custom sized wax sheets or a custom made comb honey cutter they will make it happen. Small things count.

2. Will fix screw ups. I once had a large order where the boxes were cut wet and shrunk. It was a hassle to put them together. Between Western and Chico they got me squared up promptly.

3. Wide range of products. Not always the least expensive but competitive.

Biggest problem I have is that they follow the lunch schedule religiously. I need to drive 2+ hours to get to their store. It breaks my day up not being able to get the stuff at the noon hour and get back home. If you plan on picking stuff up make sure you know when they are open, closed or out for lunch.

Had good service from Pat in Fresno for years. John and Jt in Chico get me going as needed and if they can't help me one of the Dadants themselves in Illinois have taken the time to answer my questions or tell me where to get the answer. Last time it was in a question regarding Mega-Bee.

4.5 stars out of 5.

I have ordered from there web page with horrible shipping results. A Couple weeks ago I needed something and called the Fresno store. The help was great and shipped fast, but with a wrong item. I called them up and they sent the right one out asap. If you order from them call a store, don't order online.

Fresno branch is now open through lunch hour. It does help a lot.
    His Hive Honey Farm - Do all for His glory!

Hi Laurence,

Thanks for the heads up that they changed the lunch hours in Fresno. Next time I'm on my way back to Visalia I will keep that in mind. Will make things more convenient fer sure. Must be the new manager. I thought it was a corporate thing. Now if only John and crew up north would follow suit. Pat was always an excellent help down there. Hope he's enjoying his retirement.

Thumbs Up Re: Dandant-evaluation of service

The guys from Waverly New York are awsome been ordering from the for 10 years now. Just ordered 550 dollars the week before Christmas I got free shipping on all the woodenware. Thanks Guys

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123