Default I built my TBH too narrow-will it matter?

Well, my daughters and I had a lot of fun building 2 TBH's today,,I went with the Michel Bush plans,,,BUT, I put the end pieces on the wrong way so now the hives are 12" wide on the top instead of 14" or there abouts,,I made the wedge strips for the bars to fit what I had built and they wound up being 9 1/2" long instead of 13",,,the girls got the hives all painted and I hate to take them apart now (lots of nails and art),,,the bees are comming tuesday,,think we will be allright or should I rebuild,,,,this is our first time with bees,,,all new to me,,,any thoughts would be appricated,,,Thanks, Parker

Default Re: I built my TBH too narrow-will it matter?

The bees will never know the difference, unless you get those super intelligent ones with the little tape measures

Right- i was kinda wondering about space-volume type considerations if they happen to thrive,,

You will have a little less room to work with, and will have to harvest more often, but the bees will never know the difference...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thanks, Parker