Default Slow moving dying bee's

I have a hive of bee's 2 frames full one frame they are all dead on the frame. Looks like they just froze on the frames doing work and died. Other frame has really slow moving bee's must be dying because they are moving so slow. It is what is left of a drifting issue I had earlier. Could it be that there was just not enough bee's to survive? I am pretty sure there was some capped brood and saw an uncapped cell with a egg in it.

I could add a few frames of bee's and brood but, it might just die out on its own.

It is weird. Any Ideas.?

Default Re: Slow moving dying bee's

Has it been cold there? Do they have honey on the frames they occupy?
    Leer Family Honey Farm-Shannon Leer

Not been real cold. No they really did not build up stores. I am also thinking that they had starved. The SW bottle was empty but, only a couple days. I was out of town and my apprentice (son) had not kept up enough I think.

After thinking about this a bit more you might be right. It did dip down a bit the last couple days. I have not adhered to the purpose of a NUC. I had only a few frames of bee's in this box and it probably should have been in a smaller NUC then a 10 frame box. I figured that summer is on the way and a NUC is not necessary. Guess I was wrong. Were they dead and dying or hibernating waiting for more warmth.?
    Last edited by EastSideBuzz; 05-05-2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: More thought

possible pesticide poisoning? Not sure about the weather up there, but it got pretty chilly down here, in the hhigh 30's last week for a night, and it didnt affect them at all....
    "You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same."