Default Stupid me made bars to wide, what should I do?

Ok, I'm pretty new at building beehives... oh nevermind the excuses, really, I misread my tape measure. I thought my bars were 1 3/8, but they're actually closer to 1 1/2 inches wide. I've only got about 8 of these overly wide bars in my hive (no doubt the source of the crooked comb building) So, do I need to remove the comb and put it on narrower bars, or can I leave the few wide bars I have in there, and just continue on with 1 1/4 inch bars? The bees are getting pretty tired of my meddling, so I'm wary of messing with them more than I need to.

Default Re: Stupid me made bars to wide, what should I do?

Slowly feed 1 1/4 wide frames into the broodnest, and move the 1 1/2 wide frames out.

Bees prefer 1 1/2 wide combs in the honey supers, so these frames would work great for honey combs.

Default Re: Stupid me made bars to wide, what should I do?

Like he said, I'd use the 1 1/2" for honey. When they start building fatter combs, work them in where they are building those. I wouldn't put them in the brood nest as they will cheat the combs over since they won't like that spacing...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF