Default Showing off my nuc's queen cells

This is a follow up to the "Thank you Hambone" thread. This shows the queen cells that I hope to split into a couple other nucs with Hambone later this week.

(word of caution, I use WAY too much smoke in this video. hehe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-xJTsQr63A
    Doug Knoodle
    Professional web developer/designer. If you need something done let me know.

Default Re: Showing off my nuc's queen cells

Nice! You're neighbors are going to all the Fire Dept on you. The dog is not real happy either.
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Hulk in the face. Now he hides in the forest and changed his name to Shrek

Quote Originally Posted by daknoodle View Post
    This is a follow up to the "Thank you Hambone" thread. This shows the queen cells that I hope to split into a couple other nucs with Hambone later this week.

(word of caution, I use WAY too much smoke in this video. hehe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-xJTsQr63A
    glad to see I'm not the only one that uses paint scrapers for hive tools lol

But seriously....you don't need to gas the girls like that with the smoker...I tend to do it too from time to time.

Its actually easier without those heavy gloves....forcing yourself to move to thin or no gloves isn't easy

.I keep my heavy ones around just in case they get pissy but rarely use them except on one of my monstrous colonies
    Milk Cows Not Taxpayers

I inherited all of my clothing from my wife's grandfather. I could very easily go without with this hive, but my confidence level just isn't there yet. I think I mostly like the covering on my arms, but my full suit is just too much.

I'd really like to get a jacket, been researching them this week. Anyone with experience using those blue disposable gloves?
    Doug Knoodle

Interesting choice of hive tools. If you are looking into jackets you should look into an ultrabreeze...well worth it.
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

The nitrile (blue) gloves work great but they tend to tear when they stick to the propilous. I have gone to no gloves and find it is a lot easier and don't get stung that much. I would recommend it.

I've read the purple ones at Walmart are the ones to use. I think Nitrilo is the brand??
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Hulk in the face. Now he hides in the forest and changed his name to Shrek

I've got a bunch of the blue ones from HD that I use for painting and glue ups, is that the same stuff, or is there something more puncture resistant?
    Doug Knoodle