Thread: Missed swarm.

Default Missed swarm.

Of all people not to call me..

My parents had a swarm land on their apple tree Saturday afternoon. It stayed there Saturday evening, all day Sunday, and finally relocated into one of their trees Monday sometime.

They KNOW I collect swarms. They know what a swarm is. They even took pictures of it to show to me.. But did they call and let me know they had one. Nope.

"Sorry sweetie, We didnt' want to bother you, we knew you were busy this weekend."

Ok, so I was at work, but I would have stopped by after work and got it. Especially since it was at their house, four feet off the ground, easily accessable.. They only live ten minutes from my employer. Instead they called and let me know that it had moved into the caultaupa? (I'm not sure of spelling) tree on the edge of the yard.

Oh well, I guess if it establishes I have a wonderful new location to leave swarm traps. But still. Sheesh, I would have figured they of all people would have called.
    Charla Hinkle

Default Re: Missed swarm.

I would move them into a Retirement Home.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Derek, Yeah, I think I threatened that. Among other things, However, they are only 55 years old, and I think they might rebel, and well murder me.

I'm fairly certain they are no where near retirement homes.
    Charla Hinkle

So next time you are over put a sticky with "for swarms calll me!" on their fridge. Put one on the milk carton too!

I get most of my calls from the County Ext Office. Get on their contact list. Give your parents that number to call when another swarm shows up.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

actually I am on the county ext. office list.

I was just entirely entertained at the thought they assumed it would be "disturbing" me from work to call me. After I explained the cost of a package and a nuc I "think" they might understand.

Oh well. I should have had a swarm trap there anyway, just that in the last 30 years I have never seen a wild hive in their area... Well now there is one. I will have swarm traps up by this weekend, maybe catch a late swarm or after swarms.
    Charla Hinkle