Default Experience with Arnold Honeybee Services?

Anyone? They are in Knoxville TN?

Default Re: Experience with Arnold Honeybee Services?

Received two packages from them last week. The packages seemed really light on the number of bees they put in the box. It arrived in great shape with not very many dead bees and the can was almost empty of syrup. I called and the guy i spoke with said he put in 3lbs of bees but it looked more like 1.5-2lbs to me. I'll be checking this weekend to see if the queen is out of her cage and the hive is taking off.

Thanks for the reply. I'm about 3.5 hours down the road from them in N. Georgia so hopefully my bees arrive in as good a shape or better than yours.

My wife and I got our first bees from Arnold's 8 years ago. We drove down from Illinois to get 2 nucs of Russians from him. Haven't done any business with him since, but did contact Tess a couple of times the first year. I have only good things to say about Tess and the way he dealt with us. He was a good man then and can't imagine he would be any different today.
    Arvin

Just thought I might add this about Tess Arnold's bees. They were gentle bees, easy to work with, and by the end of that first summer, with the addition of a couple of more queens, we had 6 hives and about 80 lbs. of honey from those 2 nucs. All 6 survived that winter.
    Arvin

I've ordered a package of his Italians to be shipped out next Monday. This will be my first hive, so gentle is good. Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by acb's View Post
    Just thought I might add this about Tess Arnold's bees. They were gentle bees, easy to work with, and by the end of that first summer, with the addition of a couple of more queens, we had 6 hives and about 80 lbs. of honey from those 2 nucs. All 6 survived that winter.
    Arvin

Bad News! Watch your wallet. They care more about gouging you than shipping you anything.

If you've ordered something from them insist on a tracking number and don't stop calling them until you get one. There seems to be only one person there that knows what's going on. You'll get nothing but bad information from the others. Sorry about this post... One nightmare experience and a bunch of lies was enough for me.