Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Jester EZ Nuc Boxes

Folks I am sorry I said anything about where the boxes were made, it has upset some.
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

american made clothing is the best in the world if you can find it.. your going to pay a little more but we get better value for our dollar. that stuff you buy from china wont last as long. I agree our corporations pay a very high corporate tax in the states. our corporations go overseas to get cheaper labor so they can turn around and sell their product for a big profit in the states while the company ceo gets 30 million in bonus for doing nothing. You call this the new world economy. i'm waiting for the next great depression to hit us again. I hope you are ready. The system is broke.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyman46408 View Post
    Folks I am sorry I said anything about where the boxes were made, it has upset some.
    honeyman you didnt get me upset. its sad they cant make those nuc cutouts in the states. I wont buy one. I can build two nucs with wood and last 10 times longer.

I picked up my nuc in one of these. They're fairly sturdy and the frames fit just fine in the one I have. The ventilation holes at the top were big enough that bees could get out. Typically not a huge deal unless they are riding inside a van for a long roadtrip!

Seems it'll hold up for awhile, but I've also made up some wooden nucs. I'll use this for short term stuff, but I don't want to have it fall apart with bees in it.

Has anyone noticed a problem with the amount of light that shines through these boxes? Don't the bees like it darker inside? I have few of them and am considering paint or some other covering to make them darker inside. My primary use is for swarm traps or to put swarms I capture in them. Any thoughts on the light issue?

We have 300 of Jesters EZ nucs and we love them. Use them for alot.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyKnight View Post
    Has anyone noticed a problem with the amount of light that shines through these boxes? Don't the bees like it darker inside? I have few of them and am considering paint or some other covering to make them darker inside. My primary use is for swarm traps or to put swarms I capture in them. Any thoughts on the light issue?
    I would cover the holes with duct tape or something similar. Swarm traps work best when there is no light inside the trap. I use the Jester nucs all the time. Holes are not a problem except when it's pretty cold. Then splits do better if I cover the holes on the side with duct tape to help them keep the brood warm. They hold up well, my customers love them.

Does anyone know a maker of a 4-frame nuc box similar to this? Nobody sells 5-frame nucs around here, so I'm looking for something which is a bit more standard locally, and liked how durable these looked as opposed to the cardboard ones.

I own 5 and if you need a nuc box to buy they are the way to go.

I like the ones I make best but they do work very well considering the weight and all.

to bad they aren't USA made though

where is that guy that advertises his wood working? He is in the US - He could make them... and we could buy them direct from him. 3 year old labor in China cut out, USA product in.

Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    I have no college degree and have a hard time folding them. I caught a bait swarm in one.
    I have 2 Jester EZ nucs, and, like you had a problem folding the first one, on the second one, I scored the creases where the folds go, much easier to fold.

If you're using them for bait hives, tape over the holes on the side so less sunlight gets into the nuc. Bees are reported to like dark better. In this climate, if the bees are going to be in them for any length of time I've had better luck putting tape over the holes on the side. Brood stays warmer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12