Default Delegate by Dow - Fairly New pesticide .

Has anyone had any experiences with farmers spraying this stuff. My orchard guy says he's spraying next Friday and says its non-toxic to bees. I did a little google research and found those words as well. However one line says "Delegate is not toxic to honeybees once the spray deposit has been allowed to dry." Now, he's going to be spraying this stuff during daylight hours so we may have problems although he says he sprayed it last year and there was no problems. .. any experiences?

Default Re: Delegate by Dow - Fairly New pesticide .

Hi: I see you had the same question I have right now, but nobody seems to have replied to your post. How did your bees fare after exposure to Delegate? How did you avoid damage (or did you)? Thanks.

Question Re: Delegate by Dow - Fairly New pesticide .

Hi: Any advice? If the blueberry farmer where I keep bees is spraying Delegate, should I move the hives for a few days, or just block their ability to leave the hives for the time needed for the insecticide to dry? Apparently the spraying will be done at full bloom.

Default Re: Delegate by Dow - Fairly New pesticide .

Hi Re: Delegate (spinetoram ) according to my Ontario fruit production recommendations .
    It states that's it a group 1 pesticide Highly toxic to bees
    Severe losses may be expected if the following materials are used when bees are present at treatment time or within a few days thereafter .

Sorry it doesn't sound to good for our bees