Default Grumbling, darn kids

Just recieved a phone call from the post office.. Apparently my driver, got a nice surprise when he opened the mail box. A dead raccoon had been left in it.

"Mrs. Hinkle, did you have any mail going out for delivery today?"

"Not that I am aware of, I don't think Dusty had anything going out either."

"Well, just to let you know, there is a dead raccoon in your mail box, and the flag was raised. The driver didnt' leave your mail today, he's bringing it back to the office."

"No problem, I completely understand. I'll get it cleaned up this evening"

Grrrrrr... Why exactly would anyone think that a dead coon in a mail box was entertaining?
    Charla Hinkle

Default Re: Grumbling, darn kids

really an opossum and a racoon squeezed in there would be something! They could be playing spades if you have one of those large mailboxes. I have always wanted to setup roadkill with signs or a doll table or something. When will your mailbox be ready for some real entertainment?

For some twisted reason I see humor in this. It sucks when it happens to you though. When we were 16 we would drive around and scoop up dead cats and put them on the hoods and windshields of our friend’s cars. So one day a cop rings my friends door bell at 7ish in the a.m. letting his parents know there was a splattered cat on their windshield. They were not too happy. So after that we switched to bags of grass and leaves. Good times…
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

You're not alone. I'm chuckling myself.

Sorry it happened to you though, Mrs Hinkle.
    The bees know!
    AKA Wormtounge

Yeah, I might have seen humor in it if it were someone else too.

Except my mail box tends to be part of the world of entertainment.. It had been getting knocked down by ball bats several times a year, until hubby buried the post five feet deep surrounded by quickcrete. I am guessing we just changed the game to dead animals now. I'm hoping it isn't to nasty when I get home. A recent kill at least.. Several day old, rotting meat is Nasty..

America'sbeekeeper, Yeah, it is a fairly large mailbox.. I can easily see a juvenille coon put in it. Even a small adult no problem. Just still...
    Charla Hinkle

Hate to say it but I see the humor in it. Just think of the stories that postal carrier has. View it as if you were seeing it in a comedy movie.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

Your carrier will never miss outgoing mail for quite a while. I am sure he will check thoroughly after that!

Ha my carrier would think he was at a picnic
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

I wonder how many bees that box will hold...
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Slightly more than a deep Barry.

It actually could have been worse. Even expecting it, I still jumped a little when I opened the box. Nothing quite like a coon face staring at you when you open the mail box.

It only smelled a "little" I left the door open all night to hopefully air out a bit. But still, I really wish they would find someone else to harass.
    Charla Hinkle

Of course if it happened to me I would not be happy. But since it didn't it is funny. Sorry you have a mess to clean up, but at least they didn't blow up your mail box. In some parts of the US a dead raccoon in your mail box is a sign of affection.
    Rohe Bee Ranch "Free Range Bees"
    http://www.rohebeeranch.com

Do you think it was a random act of foolishness or is someone sending you a message? Better than a horse head on the pillow, I hope!

Honestly, I think it is just that the gravel road that goes in front of the property connects to two minor county highways. It is a great "road tripping" drinking spot for the teens. The mail box is at the end of my driveway which is almost half a mile long, and the nearest neighbors are at least another half mile away. It is someplace they can mess with and have very little risk of actually getting caught in the act.
    Charla Hinkle