Default Hello from Eastern Washington

Just a quick introduction. I've been bee keeping for about 2 years, starting this past April. By Saturday, I will have three hives going into this summer. Both my wife and I enjoy keeping bees and giving the honey to friends and co-workers. We're empty nesters, with the hope of retiring in 3 years to rural northern Idaho. With a little luck, we should be able to keep 4 hives going until our retirement. During retirement we are hoping to increase the number of hives to about 30-40 and sell a little honey at the farmer's market.

I've spent sometime "lurking" the forum, picking up bits of great information from the more seasoned bee keepers. Hopefully, I can ask a few worthwhile questions and add value to the discussions. Thanks for letting me join.

Regards,
    Tucker1

Default Re: Hello from Eastern Washington

Welcome to the forum! Not to far from you over here. Similar climate. Northern Idaho is a good goal, sure is beautiful. Good luck to you and your bees.

Welcome and thank you for joining the forum.

Hello from a fellow Eastern Washington beekeeper! We live about 70 miles east of Seattle. Our winters are long. This is my first post as I joined just this evening!

We have three hives, one for each year as bee keepers! My husband retires this summer, just in time to help with our huge heirloom, organic vegetable gardens. We have over 60 chickens, which our grandchildren love to chase and sell over 30 dozen organic, pastured eggs a week to a local market.

I appreciate the helpful information I have read on the forums. There's always so much to learn!

Bee Happy,
    The Queen of Quite-A-Lot!