Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: NEW! 2 oz. Honey Bear!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Isaac View Post
    they totally marketed them wrong. Cant associate something with something like a movie. Deosnt work. It has to be marketed as a small gift or great for people who like to use honey but not do not use a lot of honey.
    I agree. There are a lot of people out there who want just a little to keep on the shelf. It may sit there a year or more waiting for someone to get a sore throat. It is also may be very good for small holiday gifts and things like wedding favors. At least something is used rather than buying a bunch of trinkets that go straight in the trash. And if they like it, it could lead to a larger repeat customer who would have never bought a larger container to try.

According to a survey I saw, 82% of households have honey in the house, but the annual consumption is only around 1 pound per year per person.

GA hit it on the nail. We do so much in wedding business it is crazy. Drop of that hat people want 200 plus jars of honey. I love it.

The 2 ounce bottle was marketed pretty muich for the bee movie. wrong thing to do!

it is all about the marketing!
    Chef Isaac..Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com & http://www.adoptahive.info

Yeah, you got it Chef. I've heard lots of chatter about how you can't make money selling honey - I just sit back and smile at them....

Is there a label that might fit these little guys? What are you thinking of selling them for?

Mine are here and my wife thinks they are cute and wonderful. That is more than half the battle!!!

I'm going to sell mine at the county fair for $1.50 right along side of my regular sized honey. On second thought, I will probably try to put them by the cash register because
    1) they won't find their way into too many pockets that way and
    2) people will see them and go..."Oh, honey. I didn't see the honey"! (hey, they do it to us at the grocery store check-out, don't they!)

Fuzzybeekeeper

Only $1.50?
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

sqkcrk,

First...I am in a rural area. Even though we are only 45 miles from Houston, this is a different world. I sell my 12 oz. bears for $5 and the 24 oz. bears for $8. That is about 41 and 33 cents per ounce, respectively. (and some complain about THAT!)

At $1.50 with 50 cents for the bear, that is 50 cents per ounce. Considering the low volume, maybe I should go to $2. each. That might promote "moving up" to the 12 ounce bear for only $3 more. I'd like to go to $2.50, but I know I wouldn't sell ANY at that price.

Thanks for the nudge, sqkcrk!

What does everyone else think?

Fuzzybeekeeper

I am going to a farmers market today with them for the first time. I am still sitting on the fence on the price. I am kind of thinking $2.50 or 5 for $10 or just go with $2. Any less and am not sure it is worth the trouble. I get $5 for 16 oz bears which I think is a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by hilreal View Post
    I am kind of thinking $2.50 or 5 for $10 or just go with $2.
    I am thinking about them for next year. I was considering your pricing. I'm getting $4/6 oz bear and $8/16 oz bear this year. In town here there is a little resistance to those prices. At work and in Columbus no one blinks an eye! I have had parents buy each of their kids a 6 oz bear for the car ride home!

Tom

Down here in columbus I have it at 7 bucks a pound and people are buying it like theres no tomaroww.
    Last edited by JohnK and Sheri; 09-05-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quote
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

I tried them at $2 each or 6/$10 and only sold a few. A lot of people commented on how cute they are but bought the larger size. I think they are more of a specialty item and will take the right person for party favors, etc.

My wife says that I am selling too cheap at $5 per pound so may consider upping it a little.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12