Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Pledge to be a BSA Beekeeping Mentor

55K views 155 replies 147 participants last post by  blainenay 
#1 ·
Dear everyone

Let's make this as simple as possible. If you are willing to act as a BSA beekeeping mentor, please make a post to this thread to that effect.

Here, I'll go first:

I pledge to BSA that I will act as a mentor to scouts if BSA reinstates the Bekeeping Merit Badge.

Neil Van Dalsem
Tulsa, OK

#90 ·
Beekeeping deserves to be back on the list. Not just because a couple of thousand beekeepers say so. Beekeeping should be reinstated because it connects and extends knowledge of several other merit badges. The obvious ones being Nature, Animal Science, Plant Study, and Insect Science.
Just because it might be difficult or possibly even less popular with kids these days, doesn't mean it's not deserving. I was a Scout from 1st Grade through highschool and I never heard of anyone getting the Dentistry merit badge, but last I checked, dentistry is pretty important. So is beekeeping.
I pledge to the BSA that I will act as a mentor to scouts if BSA reinstates the Bekeeping Merit Badge.
~Reid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.