Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Pledge to be a BSA Beekeeping Mentor

55K views 155 replies 147 participants last post by  blainenay 
#1 ·
Dear everyone

Let's make this as simple as possible. If you are willing to act as a BSA beekeeping mentor, please make a post to this thread to that effect.

Here, I'll go first:

I pledge to BSA that I will act as a mentor to scouts if BSA reinstates the Bekeeping Merit Badge.

Neil Van Dalsem
Tulsa, OK

#29 ·
I had no idea that BSA had eliminated this very important merit badge! Christopher's proposal caused me to find and reflect upon my own merit badge sash that proudly sports a black and yellow bee. Of all the merit badges I earned on my way to Eagle Scout, beekeeping and aviation are the two I remember most fondly. I still have a hive out back more than 40 years later.

I pledge to be a BSA Beekeeping Mentor if it is reinstated as a merit badge.

#39 ·
I pledge to the BSA that I will act as a mentor to the scouts if BSA reinstates the Beekeeping Merit Badge. I am in Frederick County, Maryland, & my apiary is in Middletown. I was in the Cub Scouts, Webelos, and Boy Scouts in southern Maryland in late 1960's - early 1970's.

Gale Farquhar
Burkittsville Beekeeping Company

#45 ·
I pledge that I will be a BSA beekeeping mentor if they reinstate the merit badge. I also will offer the support of the Alamo Area Beekeepers Association, San Antonio, TX in a myriad of ways including mentoring, site visits, and other activities to support our local Boy Scout troops.

Ron Schmidt
New Braunfels, TX

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.