Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Pledge to be a BSA Beekeeping Mentor

55K views 155 replies 147 participants last post by  blainenay 
#1 ·
Dear everyone

Let's make this as simple as possible. If you are willing to act as a BSA beekeeping mentor, please make a post to this thread to that effect.

Here, I'll go first:

I pledge to BSA that I will act as a mentor to scouts if BSA reinstates the Bekeeping Merit Badge.

Neil Van Dalsem
Tulsa, OK

#10 ·
I pledge that I will be a BSA beekeeping mentor if they reinstate the merit badge. I also will offer the support of the Catskill Mountain Beekeepers Club in a myriad of ways including mentoring, possible supply of equipment, site visits, and other activities to support our local Boy Scout troops.

#16 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pledge to be a mentor if they reinstate their beekeeping merit badge .I have always made myself available to help any scout in my area that is interested in beekeeping. If there is no merit badge for this I understand why I haven't heard from anyone. I have equipment available.

#18 ·
I pledge to BSA that I will act as a mentor to scouts if BSA reinstates the Bekeeping Merit Badge. I learned by finding a mentor and alot of reading. Bee keepers are very closed lip sometimes so this can be hard to find mentors.

Schwartz Honey Farms would be willing to help any troop or scout in the brainerd lakes area of MN. We are also starting a blog called letsstartbeekeeping.blogspot.com .. We will be posting pictures and videos when we work with our hives this year. We will answer any questions posted by our followers. We will be installing bee packages and also starting complete new hives. We will try to cover everything you need to know your first year and also over wintering hives in MN.

#21 ·
I pledge to BSA that I will act as a mentor to scouts if BSA reinstates the Bekeeping Merit Badge. I am in Murrayville, Georgia. I was in Cub Scouts, Webelos, and Boy Scouts in Troop 99 in Bethesda, Georgia. My father in law was a Scoutmaster for 25 years, and I have several Eagle Scouts in my family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.