Default 5, 6, and 7 Mesh wire cloth.

I posted about this yesterday, but I must have offended someo0ne because the post no longer exists. All I wanted to know was if anyone had found a distributor for this stuff?

Default Re: 5, 6, and 7 Mesh wire cloth.

some of the bee supply catalogs carry #5, & #8.
    You're local small hardware store could probably order you full rolls of the other sizes if you ask the owner.
    Dan

Dan, I wish it were that easy. I used to buy rolls from Howard Wire Cloth in Hayward. The only volume suppliers I can find now are in China.

The only volume suppliers I can find now are in China.
    Last year I even emailed one in China and ask them to refer me to an American dealer and they did but when I emailed that supplier in NY NO reply I was looking for #7
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

http://www.twpinc.com/twpinc/control...ry_id=TWPCAT_4

They were good to me. Also try Orchard Supply Hardware or Ace Hardware if they are in your town.

http://www.howardwire.com/ they are still around, will they not deal with small quantities?

Gary

http://www.wireclothman.com/

If you don't find what your looking for on their website, be sure to call them.
    I am holding on to the hope I have inside... Kutless

Try,

http://www.twpinc.com/

Chigger

I've ordered it at ACE by the roll and bought it by the foot from Betterbee and Brushy Mt.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Alot of places dont carry it anymore, i have looked around and had even asked the manager of Lowes Home Center and they said the stuff has gotten expensive and thats why they dont keep it in stock anymore! I seen #8 (30" inches x 10' feet roll) on ebay for around $18 and about $17 in S&H costs! Good Luck!!!

Just got off the phone with Howardwire.com (California) & their minimum order is $50 (visa/mastercard). I did a comparison with twpinc.com, whose minimum is 10 sq. ft. which came up to nearly $90 (for the cloth I was looking for) + shipping.

I'm calling Howard back and placing my order.
    EAS Georgia Certified. "Tradition - Even if you have done it the same way for years doesn't mean that it is not stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by hoodswoods View Post
    Just got off the phone with Howardwire.com (California) & their minimum order is $50 (visa/mastercard). I did a comparison with twpinc.com, whose minimum is 10 sq. ft. which came up to nearly $90 (for the cloth I was looking for) + shipping.

I'm calling Howard back and placing my order.
    Is that #8 mesh that has the 1/8" square holes?? Thats what i would like to have so i can make a couple screened bottom boards!

No - that was for #6 (6 holes per inch) woven stainless for my SHB traps - #8 is fine for varroa, but too small for SHB, but not too big that bees get thru - no drownings from it last year. Howard had a bunch of in-stock product in many sizes plus a toll-free # and someone who can immediately help you on the other end.
    EAS Georgia Certified. "Tradition - Even if you have done it the same way for years doesn't mean that it is not stupid."

The HW cloth at my local store isn't numbered as "5, 6, 7", but by gap size. AFAICT, 1/8" seems most appropriate... 1/4" seems a bit big.