Default New Guy In Kansas

Hey Everyone!

I'm new here and definitely new to bee keeping. I don't have any bees yet, and probably won't get any this year. Right now I'm reading and learning as much as I can before I invest into this.

I know forums are full of all sorts of information and it's usually up to date with the current times whereas a book is dated to when it was wrote. I've been lurking these past few days going over things, and discovering all the different adventures bees can take you on!

So far with what I have read and watched, this definitely seems like a hobby I would enjoy. I plan on sticking around here and learning as much as possible and then hopefully next year taking a leap and getting very hands on with my own hive.

Default Re: New Guy In Kansas

Welcome and glad you're here. This is a great place
    to learn and share.

Welcome

Howdy HardDog! You've found the best site on the web for beekeeping! I understand about the research. It took me 3 years to finally feel comfortable enough to get into this addictive hobby. I should have known it was my calling - as a kid I would always rescue bees from mud puddles and blow them dry! lol

Be warned, once you get into it, you'll never want to go back!!

Welcome, the forum has plenty of experience driven knowledge and a few arm-chair beeks. Beekeeping is an art with science. You will find plenty of "interpretations" on the forum. The books and colleges have plenty of reliable information like the University of Florida's EDIS.

Welcome to the source. I live just a few miles NE of you and this vsite has been the best I have found od the internet.I still am new at beekeeping and don't think I will ever know as much as some but I try.

Howdy Hardog, Welcome!
    What part of KS are you located? I'm east across the Mo river. But there's alot of good ol beeks in your state of KS. I know there's some bee clubs in KS. Hope you get the chance to hook up w/ some locals and learn from them. Lots to read on this site and others too. Good Luck.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have already learned so much just from the little bit I've looked into so far. My friends and family think I'm crazy for thinking about starting a beehive in the future.

I plan on trying to find some Beeks around me that would be willing to show me their hives and give me some guidance. And I am anxiously awaiting the time when I start my own.

@Zane - I'm in the Wichita area. About 25-30 Miles East.

Lawrence, Kansas myself....