Default My son brought me some honey from Greece

My son just came back from a journey to Italy and Greece and he brought me a nice jar of Greek honey.Last year my sister brought me one from Hungary when she went for the grape harvest.The Hungarian honey was from a big field of sunflowers and it tasted kind of like sourwood honey.I am going to try the Greek honey for breakfast tomorrow.

Default Re: My son brought me some honey from Greece

very cool, I would like to sample some honey from other countries
    steve
    A government large enough to provide everything you need is strong enough to take everything you have. T. Jefferson

My friend just brought me a little jar of honey from Zurich. She bought it from a little old man who had bees on his small homestead.
    Best honey I ever tasted. The 'honey taste' is so intense! Not the sweetness, but that flavor that makes you recognize it as honey rather than, say, corn syrup.
    It's so good that I cna't bear to dilute it by puttin git on food or in tea. So I'm just eating it like a medicinal tonic, one teaspoon of pure honey per day, on my tongue.
    The little bee returns with evening's gloom,
    To join her comrades in the braided hive... -Tennyson

I tried the Greek honey the other day and it was real thick and had a little twang to it.I read somewhere that there is a spot in Greece where they pull honey off of Thyme fields and it had a very distinctive taste.My son couldnt remember where he picked it up,he had his mind on hot Italian chicks and the legal drinking age of 16(he's 17)

Oh to be 17 again
    A government large enough to provide everything you need is strong enough to take everything you have. T. Jefferson

I got some honey from a restaurant owner in MD. He is from Mikonos Island, off Greece. He thought that it was the best honey in the world. Hmm, I'm not so sure. Like you said, thick and w/ a twang. I prefer my clover/goldenrod.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

I'm with you,I like mine a little sweeter.My wife really likes the sourwood though.I got a jar of honey from a north Georgia guy outside of Knoxville that he called wild berry honey and he claimed that it was from kudzu.Real dark and has a little twang to it also.I've been eating some on my dry cereal every morning.I try to pick up some local honey to sample everywhere that I travel.Its real interesting to sit down and sample them together so you can distinguish the differences.