Default Question about metal frames

Have you guys ever seen the chain-link structures that some people use for dog runs and kennels? I've never thought to look closely at them, but I am wondering how the corners are joined to each other. Does anyone here know? The reason I ask is because I want to build something similar to enclose my tomato bed, but I don't want it permanently fixed into the ground. I have a wood frame at ground level that it will attach to. Does anyone make metal connectors that can be used with metal fencing or light weight steel poles?
    So many weeds.......so little time.

Default Re: Question about metal frames

Are you talking about the 4 corners that make each panel or connecting the panels together? They make connectors(clamps) to attach the panels together. Some panels are made with a machine bent 90 deg corner and some are made with cast(?) corners that the pipe sections go into. Visit your local chain link fencing contractor and they can get you what you want. My father has 14- 6'W x 12'L x 6'H kennel runs and I've installed and repaired all of them.
    Leer Family Honey Farm-Shannon Leer

Thanks Beeslave. I was thinking of something like T's and corners that I could put together, then cover with temporary wire fencing material. I want to be able to disassemble it and move as needed.

Home Depot has fence materials also.

How about pallets? I took pallets, lined them up and connected together with 2x4's slipped thru the line, then drove in a T post every second or third pallet, comes out very sturdy. For the corners, I used 2 T posts in the first pallet, it slides up off the posts so is a slide up gate. Slide it back down. Takes a little bit precision to place the posts but if I can do it anyone can for sure! I of course had a bunch of pallets, 2x4's and T posts laying around.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

Thanks guys

As for pallets, I can't use them because I want a completely enclosed system that I can put shade cloth over during the heat of the summer. What I want is something similar to the dog kennel except a little bigger.

PVC comes in lots of diameters and lengths with every kind of joint you could ask for. Easy to fasten, and you don't need to glue them together in most spots.
    Here is a link to something like what I am talking about:

http://westsidegardener.com/howto/hoophouse.html
    "I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. " John 10:11

Thanks Jeffrey
    I didn't think of PVC, but if it's big enough and schedule 40, it may work. I'll check it out next time I'm at HD or Lowe's.