Cool Hi to all of you who will soon be "new Friends"

I'm Steve Greer (MissouirSteve) from Sullivan, Missouri. I'm somewhere in my mid 60s but we won't go there. I've planned to start keeping bees as soon as I retired for several years. So, the time has come. I'll need all the help I can get. I'm pretty good at listening to what people tell me. Let's get going with this, I think I may only have 50 or so years left.

Default Re: Hi to all of you who will soon be "new Friends"

Welcome Steve, glad you're here.

MO.Steve, don't feel bad, i am not that far behind yahs. Glad to share some with another NuBeek. See if you can find a good BeeK Group meetings and a mentor locally , this will help a lot. Also you are how far up in MO. There is a Good Fellow in Salem , AR that raises Organic Bees and sells Packages for this Summer Season. If you want more info just click on my "Handle in here ", and it will show Personal Message, send me one and i will send yahs the info.
    If you are comfortable with computer use forgive me then ok, the fellow's name is Amish Myron and there is a thread in here you can search and see his phone # in the posts. Enjoy and Have Fun , this is a really good group of folks to ask questions and peer thru all the interesting Threads and Posts to collect info to help you get started. Best wishes, AJ and Denise

Hello and Welcome!

This forum has a great deal of good information about bees & beekeeping. Be sure to check out the "How to Start Beekeeping" subforum: it covers the basics. I'm also a fan of the 'search' function - many times I can find several previous threads on a topic I'm interested in (no waiting for answers!).

I also recommend getting involved with a local beekeeping club. Clubs are great places to find mentors and get connected with nearby beekeepers:
    http://www.mostatebeekeepers.org/local_associations.htm

Welcome , hope your caught up on your Honey Do List !

Hi Steve,
    Read, join a club, & read more.
    Welcome,
    Dan

welcome
    A government large enough to provide everything you need is strong enough to take everything you have. T. Jefferson

Hi Steve,
    Welcome to a great place on the net... I'm looking forward to retirement in a few years, because it means more time for me to enjoy the bees. Best wishes to you in your retirement and best wishes with the bees. Greetings from middle Tennessee.
    "My child, eat honey, for it is good." (Proverbs 24:13)

Welcome, I have several "mature" students in my beekeeping workshops. It is never too late to start.