Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Bringing in march pollen

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  NasalSponge 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
"I'd be getting some entrance reducers on there pretty quick or the weak one may be singing the blues."

:D I was thinking the same thing about 2 hours ago but didn't really want to comment,...because well,.. I'm not there :rolleyes:. They had a description of robbing bees in an older ABC&XYZ [1947] that said robbing bees that are heavy with honey, crawl up the outside of the hive before taking off. It's a colorfull description [unable to copy]. There were quite a few doing that in the video I thought. Maybe its just early spring flights.

Just keep an eye on them NasalSponge; maybe it's nothing. Does the entrance need to be wide open at this time of year?

#6 ·
Good news today! I went into hive 2 which I suspected had a large die off and found it to be quite healthy looking with plenty of stores, brood and a large cluster. They did a great job of cleaning things up as I noticed a large pile of dead bees on the top bars of the bottom box last time I checked them and it was all cleaned off. The inspection was quick as the temps are in the 50’s and it is overcast and windy. Like the other hives they are doing a LOT of comb chewing and I am not sure why.:D:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.