Default automatic uncappers

Do they still make the automatic uncappers with the vibrating knives, or have they gone to the chain uncappers now. Were the automatic ones with the knives heated in some way or cold? I'm looking to get a used automatic uncapper in the near future and was just wondering about this. John

Default Re: automatic uncappers

Quote Originally Posted by jmgi View Post
    Do they still make the automatic uncappers with the vibrating knives, or have they gone to the chain uncappers now. Were the automatic ones with the knives heated in some way or cold? I'm looking to get a used automatic uncapper in the near future and was just wondering about this. John
    Look no further:
    http://www.cowenmfg.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Honey-4-All View Post
    Look no further:
    http://www.cowenmfg.com/
    I'll take one of those please. What's the price?

Sorry, I found it, sadly.

Before you get scared off remember there are two kinds of expenses when considering any purchase. Balancing the true cost of both is often hard to determine.

1. The one incurred at the original purchase and implementation.
    2. The one(s) incurred after the purchase. (ie... regret from a bad product or poor service)

Unless things have changed dramatically the fact that you might be shocked at #1 above when purchasing from the Cowen family I hardly doubt you will be shocked (even pleasantly surprised)at the consequences brought forth in #2.

Known these folks a long time. Never been disappointed with either the product or the service.

This is on my Christmas list.

Air-Ram 60 System with Cowen Spinner

60 FRAME EXTRACTOR W/ AIR ASSIST $20,065
    COWEN UNCAPPER $7,650
    DEBOXER $3,795
    HOT WATER SUPPLY $1,150
    CAPPINGS AUGER $3,559
    COWEN CAPPINGS SPINNER $8,600
    HEATED IN FLOOR SUMP $2,800
    2" GEAR PUMP $3,750
    OVERHEAD EMPTY BOX RETURN $2,250

TOTAL $53,619

Cowen has a very fine reputation and quality I'm sure, but at that price now that I know what it is, makes me think I need to grow the hive numbers a bit more to justify getting a new one, maybe a well used one would be more up my alley right now, if I can find one. John

EastSideBuzz, I guess if you get all that for Christmas you'll figure out where to put it all.

Quote Originally Posted by EastSideBuzz View Post

TOTAL $53,619
    If you are close to or on the path to 50-100 barrels a year the $ listed above will be considered a wise investment when you look back at the time spent with your family or in the hive. Most beeks look at honey house chores as just a necessary evil to keep up the cash flow to "keep on keeping on." Anyone doing bees in your location should be looking to sell every darn ounce at $8 a pound or more. The money spent above will free your time up towards marketing and getting the big $ per pound while kissing away the endless hours feeling sticky like a smore at the campfire.

>Anyone doing bees in your location should be looking to sell every darn ounce at $8 a pound or more.

How do we do that?

Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    >Anyone doing bees in your location should be looking to sell every darn ounce at $8 a pound or more.

How do we do that?
    Frank,

Everyone in an urban setting should command the prices I mentioned. Below is a link to a place close to you that I would guess pushes through over 100 barrels a year at the prices I mentioned. First thing is you must ask for big money and secondly you need to market the honey like there is no other comparable product on the planet like yours.

People love to be in the exclusive "club" when buying stuff. Makes them feel important. This applies to the people who purchase honey, Join Costco, or were one of Bernie Madoff's victims.

http://www.marshallshoney.com/default.aspx

It's my guess that they produce little of what they sell.

I know that some of the honey they produce in the city itself sells for around $500 a super and they don't have enough of it.

http://www.marshallshoney.com/p-151-...ty-limits.aspx

It can be done.........

As I am part of the chain of events in the above venture I have a little clue as to its veracity. Not at liberty to divulge further info so don't ask.

Anyone who turns down a $300k offer for a 300 hive operation ( no property included...... just good will and a bunch of hives not fit for anyone's burn pile) has got a great thing going.

I can also speak highly of the Cowen unit, our family bought the first one east of the Mississippi. Do however, come talk to me about the slip clutch, I can do much better.

Crazy Roland

If you are seriously looking for a used uncapper I have an older one in very good shape with a water Jacketted tank so if you want to talk about it here is my cell number. 1 831 801 5385. Tom