Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Central Texas Beekeepers Spring School

Tags
school texas
4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  fuzzybeekeeper 
#1 ·
The Central Texas Beekeepers Association will host its Second Annual Spring Beekeeping School on Saturday, March 27 beginning at 9 a.m. The school is open to the public and there is no registration fee.
The morning will be a general session centered around basic information about bees and beekeeping. This will include the three types or casts of bees in the hive, a description of the physical hive components, how the bees communicate with each other and make honey, and what it takes to get started in beekeeping.
Everyone is asked to bring a covered-dish to share for lunch. Hamburgers and hot dogs will be provided.
The afternoon will be broken up into 45-minute sessions between which the participants can rotate. The topics will include:
* How to light a smoker (AND KEEP IT SMOKING!!!)
* How to build your hive boxes.
* How to install a package of bees.
* How to open a hive and do an inspection.
The inspection session will allow participants to suit up and participate in opening a hive of bees to see what is happening inside the hive. We will have suits, veils and gloves to loan to those who don't have them to wear.
The school will be finished around 5 p.m.
While there is no cost for this school, we ask that you contact us to let us know that you are attending so that we can provide you with directions and plan properly.
For more information and directions, please contact Michael at (979) 277-0411 or at:
centraltexasbeekeepers@gmail.com

Fuzzybeekeeper

See less See more
#3 ·
The school will be held in Brenham, Washington County, Texas. We are 45 miles northwest of Houston and 90 miles southeast of Austin on Highway 290.

Since the school will be held at my home, I hesitate to broadcast the address. You can contact me for directions or meet at the Event Center at the Washington County Fairgrounds at 8:45 a.m. to join the caravan. The address for the fairgrounds is 1305 E. Blue Bell Rd, Brenham, TX 77833.

Or you can call (979) 277-0411 for more information.

Fuzzybeekeeper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.