Thread: Hello All!

Smile Hello All!

I'm new to beesource and beekeeping. Located in North Middle TN. Started with 5 hives and have overwintered 3 so far. Looked at them yesterday and they seem pretty strong, have most all the honey they stored still left in the upper hivebody and the brood has not moved up to it yet that I could tell. Have 5 more on order for this year! Very rural setting, hope it can support 8 hives. Look forward to coming back to beesoure as often as I can - love to read about the girls and other's experiences with them as well. My full time job sure gets in the way of doing something I've found that I love to do. Know most of you probably feel the same way.

Default Re: Hello All!

Dont worry about supprtin 8 hives....almost any location will support 24. I usually put 32-48 per yard in south central KY. Some yards 24 and a couple I have has as many as 72. In FLorida not uncommon to put 150+.

Wow! That's good news! If you are over around WKY Parkway that terrain is much like we have here, hilly, rocky but the weeds and trees seem to do ok! Well, that just means I can make some splits if my hives do well huh??? Thanks a lot!

Welcome, the bees will find food.