Thread: Wax Moths

Default Wax Moths

I bought some equipment from one of our beesource members. We stacked it the porch of my honey house. There are outer covers on the tops of the stacks, but I'm wondering if I should move them inside. When it starts getting warmer, can the wax moths get inside?
    "The greatest threat is our own staggering ignorance and cavalier treatment of the natural world to which we belong."

Default Re: Wax Moths

Is there comb inside the boxes? Most guys just stack their equipment up outside. Depending on the outside temperature and when you plan on getting bees you should be ok.

In Indiana, I'd say about July...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Yes, there is comb. I haven't had a chance to really look at it. I am kind of hesitant to use someone else's comb, but he says it is only 3 years old. So, I'll be ok if I use it in the spring. I wasn't sure when wax moths came out.
    "The greatest threat is our own staggering ignorance and cavalier treatment of the natural world to which we belong."