Thread: sourwood

Default sourwood

I just ineherited the family farm in Jefferson NC. How is that area for sourwood and when does it bloom? I have some kin in that area that said they would love to learn about it. any help would be great
    thanks

Default Re: sourwood

That is a great place for sour wood,when there is nectar.Past 3 years not much at all in sour wood.I am in Wilkes county just under the mountain 3 years not much or none at all.
    Hope this year will be better. July

Thanks, Looks like you can head to brushy mountain any time you need something quick. I think I will try to bring some nucs down there to the farm after I super up here for clover.

That would bee great.Let me know when you come, maybe we could have lunch.We have VSH & Russian Queens and nuc.If we can ever help let us know.
    7standsbeefarm@gmail.com
    Jim
    Last edited by honeyman46408; 02-18-2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: unnessary quote

Hey pops, Im down here in Dublin, we need to get together, maybe we can trade some cells to keep the matings nice and diverse.

Hello Skinner:
    Sounds good .Where is Dublin? Haven't look it up.What is your bee stock?
    We still have snow here.Temp 39 here.

Have good day. Jim
    Last edited by honeyman46408; 02-18-2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: unnessary quote

I have Russian and VSH stock from Glenns. Mynn Hyg, from busy bee apiaries, and alot of feral and italian stock from here and there. I have alot of yards, basically 87 from Fayetteville to Riegelwood is where half my yards are, alot along 41, 53, and 701 also. It makes me really wonder how many bees I can actually keep in my county... not alot...

Anyways, any of ya'll can get up with me and just shoot the bull, Im in the bees or the shop in the week, and dayjob on the weekend. If I don't hear my phone ring dont kill me, saws are loud, and molten wax (make all my foundation) is bad for cell phones lol.
    Call me up 910 879 7685