Default Brushy mountian compact extractor

Does any one that has this extractor have a good or bas reveiw of its use as a whole. thanks for any comments good or bad

Default Re: Brushy mountian compact extractor

Its a o.k. unit for the price.
    If this is a long term investment, you may want to buy an American made extractor that will last
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

lol @ maxant. We have a brushy extractor that I bought from a fella who had paid for two houses slinging honey out of it. You can't argue that Brushy makes 'crap.' I think Maxant makes great stuff, I'm just too poor to buy nice new stuff from them! lol

For a little more you can move up to the 9-frame radial, which I own and can attest to it being a nice extractor. The compact takes only 4 mediums or shallows at a time! Don't know how many hives you run, but a 4-frame extractor will give you a workout. My advice: save up and buy the 9-frame.

Decide how you're gonna grow, and go from there. Budget everythign out with a good plan to have it pay for itself. You can find 4 frame extractors floating around for 100 bucks easy. Yea we run a 9. Manual forever, finally added a variable switch and a washer motor heh. Take that big business! Funny part? Motorizing it cost me a single jar of honey for my fabricator friend to get the shafts right. Now if I can only find a "cheap" solution to brass gear pumps...

On the note of 100 dollar extractor, shipping not included, I know where I could get you one. Not sure of the make, but the last one I got was maxant I think. PM me if you want one...

Guess i should have posted this ? Before i bought it am only planning to run 10 hives have 3 now if all are still alive after this winter were all good on jan.12

10 hives?
    you should have at least a 9 frame radial (with a motor), in my opinion.
    thought the brushy version is made in italy (by Lega), the motor is made in the US (by these folks: http://baldor.com/)

This is my first year beekeeping. I installed my two hives last spring and bought my Compact Extractor from Brushy Mountain back in December when the free shipping existed.

I hope to post to this thread in the coming months with a report.

I love my brushy mountain 9 frame radial with variable speed motor. Plenty of years of service better then the three frame extractor I was using that was about like a out of balance washing tub.
    99.99% of questions can be answered by Just reading books.

Bah! A knife and cider-press are all you need. You can even do without the cider-press if you're willing to build your own. Plenty of plans for doing just that floating around the internet.
    The World Beehive Project - I build one of every popular beehive in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Paraplegic Racehorse View Post
    Bah! A knife and cider-press are all you need. You can even do without the cider-press if you're willing to build your own. Plenty of plans for doing just that floating around the internet.
    You do know heldover comb means yielding more honey...