Thread: Swinger

Default Swinger

Wanted to buy, used Swinger forklift.

Default Re: Swinger

Check out a recent issue of the American bee Journal.
    Page 105
    A & O Forklift 800.943.8677

Ernie
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

Doug, spend some money why don't ya? The one at the ABF mtng was only $38,000.00, if i remember correctly. The trailer was $6,500.00.

Heard you were there. Didn't see you.
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

Once I pull the honey off of my 8000 colonies this coming fall and sell the honey, I'll probably go buy two of them. I'm tapped out now that I bought a Brand new Semi and aluminum 53' trailer. hehe hehe!

Too bad you didn't loan some of that to me before you blew it.
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

Must be a lot of Honey up in St. Lawrence County!!

Quote Originally Posted by hpm08161947 View Post
    Must be a lot of Honey up in St. Lawrence County!!
    No, actually Doug is in Jefferson and Oswego Counties, mostly. Thinkin' about coming north this year?

Yea - to heck with these Blue Berries - they don't make that much honey - must be all those cows up there - yea bees must really like cows.

I was only joking everyone I wish I were loaded with money like that. I sure wouldn't be up here where we get -30 below weather and 30 feet of snow.

Joking aside, I bought my swinger in '83 (I think), and it seemed like a lot of money. But I still have it and after maintaining reasonably well it would sell for 50% more than I paid for it back then. When it comes to tools get the high quality, you'll be happier in the long run. Maybe healthier too which is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by hpm08161947 View Post
    Yea - to heck with these Blue Berries - they don't make that much honey - must be all those cows up there - yea bees must really like cows.
    It ain't the cows they like, it's the clover that the cows like which the bees like too. But what w/ modern dairy farming practices clover is getting scarce since the farmers don't let their cows out onto the fields to graze.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Virginia View Post
    I was only joking everyone I wish I were loaded with money like that. I sure wouldn't be up here where we get -30 below weather and 30 feet of snow.
    Oh Doug, you just don't quite exaggerating, do you. There isn't even 30 ft of snow on Tug Hill. Not yet anyway.

I havent seen a used AO swinger for sale pretty much ever. I've been looking for a month, and the AO website last I looked only had OTHER brands of swingers used. In other words, People get rid of crap swingers and buy hummerbees. I was told by one of our prominent commercial beeks "Get a hummerbee if it means going into debt." must bee good huh?