Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bees Needed 2010 Almonds

Semi loads of bees needed for almond pollination this coming spring.

These are all customers I have been dealing with for years. Minimum payment to you of $100 for good colonies. I do all the work.

PM me or speak directly on phone: 559 355 4221 (cell) or 559 292 7161 (home).

Default Re: Bees Needed 2010 Almonds

Bump. Right now I could place 4000 colonies.

What kind of strength are you looking for and how is that strength determined?
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

For anyone who doesn't know Tom is an excellent person to work with. Tom, wish I had known sooner...bees are already headed to Firebaugh under contract.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Now how does this actually work -- do you pickup and return the hives. How long do you have the bees for Pollination? Do the bees come back in the same condition?

Do you only pick up hives that contain 1 Deep. I may not be able to help this year, but possibly next. Appreciate all info. Thanks.

The strength requirement is a six frame average. If the weak colonies of 2 or 3 frames are culled out before shipping and half of the bees are 8 frames or better, no problem. I have never had any of these growers call for an inspection.

Thanks for the kind words, Alpha!

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPAguy View Post
    Now how does this actually work -- do you pickup and return the hives. How long do you have the bees for Pollination? Do the bees come back in the same condition?

Do you only pick up hives that contain 1 Deep. I may not be able to help this year, but possibly next. Appreciate all info. Thanks.
    PAguy, you arrange for shipping to a holding yard that you will coordinate with Tom. He then takes responsibility of your bees from there. Inspecting them, getting them to the groves and setting them. Once the bloom is over Tom will contact you with an approximate release date of the bees. Then he can work with you as to where the pick up is to occur and you let your driver know. The driver picks them up (Tom loads um for you) and they come back to you. Additionally, Tom will probably throw on pollen patties before setting but will usually ask and there may be a slight fee for doing this, but usually it's well worth it for the sake of the health and strength of your bees.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

I have a little dealings with Tom, He is a man of his word. I wish I had the bees to send and the the time to spend a seson with him. Good luck Tom, I'm working on build up to winter more bees in my area......

Tom is the man. I have no dealings with Tom, but he has given me lots of advice and help me in many other ways. Love Tom.

On a side:

Tom. If you see any calls from the 972/214 area codes. That's just me crank calling ya. Now that I have your numbers stored. Just a heads up.
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Hulk in the face. Now he hides in the forest and changed his name to Shrek

Quote Originally Posted by alpha6 View Post
    you arrange for shipping to a holding yard that you will coordinate with Tom.
    Tom, you have alot of glowing remarks and that means alot to me.

I do have more questions.

1) Is there an issue with the Bees being injured as they are in Cluster form right now. When do Bees normally get picked up? I am thinking that it is my job to ensure that they have adequate food supplies from the point that they are picked up at least until the Almonds are blooming.

2) Are the bees rented exclusively for almond pollinating or are they also used for other fruits -- Will my hive be set down and picked up for pollination at multiple locations depending upon the variety/bloom of the Almond tree/bush

3) You sometimes hear of bee trucks having accidents. When there is an accident, who decides the value of my hive? I am guessing that a functional hive with drawn wax is worth more than the hive pollination fee. Does the insurance cover replacement of the hive plus loss of the pollination fee?

4) Would my contract be with Tom or with the Growers -- How do I get paid and when do I get paid?

5) What if my hives (both woodenware and livestock) don't arrive back in the same condition as they were sent out? Am I reimbursed for damages.

6) How do you tag my hives or do I need to brand them?

my question for ya' tom is how much did you have to pay them guys for that glowing reference? and hopefully you will recognize this question as a weak attempt as a joke.

I wish I had heard of this earlier although I would never be able to put together anything that looks like a semi load lot. would you consider anything in less than semi load lots?

and my final question which is likely hypothetical.... while in California can the beekeeper who own the hives inspect, feed and manipulate hives?

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    and my final question which is likely hypothetical.... while in California can the beekeeper who own the hives inspect, feed and manipulate hives?
    Methinks that tecumseh is thinking about a tax deductable trip to see them California beaches .
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." Nathan Hale, 1776

Big Grin Re: Bees Needed 2010 Almonds

Quote Originally Posted by alpha6 View Post
    Tom will probably throw on pollen patties before setting it's well worth it for the sake of the health and strength of your bees.
    Now were loggin. sorry Tom, couldn't let that one get by. lol
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Bone, I'll be watching for those! It's fun to have fun, isn't it?

Lots of other questions...No multiple pollination. It's over in a matter of weeks. Yes you can come see your bees. Payment within 30 days of delivery to orchard. Never had an accident in over 30 years. It's good for the bees, but usually don't actually gain weight or swarm, just brood up.

Thanks.

tom,

wondering if you are still looking? i sent you a p.m.

Bees still needed.

559 292 7161 or 355 4221.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...TOOFATRANS.jpg

This was an over wintered 5 frame nuc. Ernie
    Last edited by BEES4U; 02-06-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: content
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

Hmmmm can you rent it now for more money than you can sell it for in 60 days?

Tom,
    Rent it 1st and make a split later for nuc sales or increase. Depending on the weather.
    Ernie
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast