Hybrid View

Default Seeking pkg or nuc from eastern Nebraska

I am thinking of placing a colony of russians or carniolans in our conservation bee yard to contribute to the genetics pool of mutts.

If there is anyone around this area that would be interested in helping our conservation project and willing to negotiate on price (I am the furthest thing from "well off" at this point) I would like to hear from you.

Big Bear
    No, I am NOT a bee "Keeper". Anything I post is just my opinion. Take it easy and think for yourself.

Default Re: Seeking pkg or nuc from eastern Nebraska

to further elaborate, the bees are for a non profit conservation project which I run. While I have money for me and my business, I am also footing the bills for the non profit project as well, so, until the non profit picks up a little of it's own steam, I am hoping to find someone amenable to negotiating with a non profit conservation project.

If no one is interested, I guess it never hurts to ask, does it?

Big Bear
    No, I am NOT a bee "Keeper". Anything I post is just my opinion. Take it easy and think for yourself.

South of you not too far is Drapers Superbee. Larry Draper - give them a call. 4oh2-274-37two5

Their packages will be in weekend of Apr. 9/10 and two weeks later - weather permitting. Good luck with discounts, probably not going to happen with a one unit order, as he is a for-profit entity. Call soon, they sell out fast.

Micheal Bush, who is a very regular visitor on this site is also near you may be able to assist. I'm sure Michael is also a for-profit entity, but that doesn't mean he won't help you find some bees.

Yep, you are right on both of those accts. I live about an hour away from both.

Big Bear