Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Got me some land, with a slab!

So I am wondering if instead of a loading dock, how about an extra tall insulated, garage type door, with a bridge crane that would service about 1/2 of the house? Or is this too much?

Quote Originally Posted by JAMES ADAMS View Post
    A word of caution to those who use containers. I hauled these overseas containers for many years and one thing I always noticed was the skull and bones sticker I had to break to open them up.

I try to warn everyone I can about this in hopes it will prevent serious illness or cancer in the unsuspecting buyer's future..
    perhaps because we are so far from the coast, shipping containers cost $2-3 grand here. perhaps a used semi trailer would be a better solution as localy they run$750.00 or so, and come with doors-some with roll ups. i have a friend that bought 2, removed the wheels and axles, set them 24 foot apart and had trusses set across them- instant barn!
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

>>So I am wondering if instead of a loading dock, how about an extra tall insulated, garage type door, with a bridge crane that would service about 1/2 of the house? Or is this too much?

Ideas like this one is what makes beekeeping real interesting and fun!
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Yes they do use fumigants that are deadly. Pre 1975 it was eythle dibromide. We used a very small amount which would gas off and kill wax moths. Currently, used with a pest control license is Fumitoxin, aluminun fosfibe, or fostoxin. After the container is aireated, it is safe to enter and leaves no residue. If you are paniced about this fact, you better stop eating anything. This procedure is used to protect all grain from mealworms.
    The main reason I used containers for my operation was to have one container that I could fumigate with Fumitoxin for wax moth control.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12