Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

AIC Apitherapy Course

22K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  efaure 
#1 ·
I am in the AIC Apitherapy Course as offered online by Dr. Stefan Stangaciu.

Has anyone else here taken this course?

#3 ·
Ok MrsBeekeeper tell us how the course is going? I am insterested in taking it also. The AAS is having a conference and course in LA this Nov. I am going to try to attend.

AAS’s next annual Apitherapy Course and Conference, known as CMACC, is tentatively planned for Nov. 12-14, 2010, in Los Angeles, CA.

#4 ·
Well, to be honest, I've been lazy. I have to write a 30 page thesis before I can take the open book test and get my certificate. I just have to buckle down and do it.
The course is interesting. Lots of the information I already knew, as gleaned from my husband who is a seasoned commercial beekeeper.
What I've found most beneficial, is being connected to many professionals. Doctors and scholars (who are bee-lovers) who email each other (and copy a group of us) regularily on interesting related subject matter.

#5 ·
Something else to keep in mind:
Apitherapy / Apitherapist is not yet a recognized profession. AIC will give you a "certificate", but that does not license us to open an Apitherapy clinic. What it will do, is give you information which you can serve. I can sell pollen & propolis & honey & even bees, but I can't diagnose and illness and perscribe Apitherapy as treatment. And certainly there are liablities for using BVT (Bee Venom Therapy) on others. These matters are addressed in the AIC.
My intentions:
When I have acquired my certificate, I will contact local naturopathic doctors, and advise them that I am a beekeeper who can provide these products, and with a doctors advisement, I could supply homeopathic remedies.

#6 ·
We have a lady in our county that has Multiple Sclerosis, how much liability am I going to assume if I supply her with bees? It is my understanding that she expects me to supply a minumin of 60 bees free of charge per week.
I would like to hear what others are doing.
Myron Denny

#7 ·
I know a place up here that sells bees for BVT, so I think that it is not a liability to do so. From my understanding, the only liability would be in diagnosing her illness, and then administer the stings yourself. In other words, we can't sting people - not for free, and certainly not for money. :)

I would recommend that you have her sign a waiver, absolving you of liability. Also, that you might require a note from her doctor, that they are aware of her taking BVT.

#9 ·
I would recommend that you have her sign a waiver, absolving you of liability. Also, that you might require a note from her doctor, that they are aware of her taking BVT.

The lady has a doctors appointment tomorrow, she will get the note and is willing to sign a note absolving me from liability, thanks for your input!

#11 ·
Hey Mrs. Beekeeper: I have looked into it on the internet. I is a great course based on what I read about it. It looked hard and you will learn alot. Could you private message the info for the class,cost,etc. It looked very interesting I know apitherapy works great for arthritis. Anyways keep me updated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.