Hybrid View

Default USF Botanical Gardens Beekeeping Workshops

Please join us at the USF Botanical Gardens in Tampa, Florida one Saturday every month. This is our second year of workshops that include hands-on training.
    February 13 Beekeeping tools and equipment, painless beekeeping, USF Botanical Gardens, 10 to 2, $10 $8 USF BG Members, 813-910-3274

March 27 Beehive building and smoker practice USF Botanical Gardens, 10 to 2, $10 $8 USF BG Members, 813-910-3274

Apr 17 Swarms, splits and package bees, propagating the hive USF Botanical Gardens, 10 to 2, $10 $8 USF BG Members, 813-910-3274

May 22 Inspecting the beehive USF Botanical Gardens, 10 to 2, $10 $8 USF BG Members, 813-910-3274

Jun 19 What should and should not be in the hive USF Botanical Gardens, 10 to 2, $10 $8 USF BG Members, 813-910-3274

TBD Extracting and products of the hive

TBD Epinephrine auto-injection administration and insect stings

TBD Review for Florida Master Beekeeper exams

Thank you

Gary VanCleef
    Americasbeekeeper.com
    Americasbeekeeper.org
    813-480-1200

Default Re: USF Botanical Gardens Beekeeping Workshops

Gary
    is there a website where you could get more info, Thanks

I have two websites http://americasbeekeeper.com/ and http://americasbeekeeper.org/ USF Botanical Gardens is linked off my sites http://www.cas.usf.edu/garden/ they can be reached at 813-910-3274.

USF Botanical Gradens likes to know how many to expect and plan for at every class. The only classes that I need prior notice are the hive building and populating classes. I am not a supplier of equipment or bees. I have to get all the hive kits and bees from somewhere in advance. So please let me know if you are coming to the March or April classes. Thank you

Gary VanCleef
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com
    americasbeekeeper.com
    americasbeekeeper.org

Gary
    I will be attenging both. Thanks

Gary
    Just wanted to say thanks and let you know the Sat. workshop was great. Looking forward to March's workshop.
    Dick

Thank you and to all who braved the cold last Saturday. I am so happy it warmed up enough for the bees to start flying and we could at least look in the top. I mentioned the lack of seating for everyone. The staff will correct and more closely monitor chairs for future workshops.

Remember to bring a hammer and white glue to the hive building workshop in March. Bring the hive you build and a ratchet strap to the April workshop. I added the hive equipment and bee information to the class information on
    http://americasbeekeeper.com contact me here or beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com for more information or to confirm the workshop. Thank you

I am off to Honduras Saturday, hopefully to work with COAPIHL. I will be back March 13 to catch up on my mail and getting ready for the hive building workshop. If you are interested COAPIHL is a cooperative of beekeepers in Honduras. They start new beekeepers with hives, assisted by Heifer Intl., and market the honey for the beekeepers. They make their woodenware at the office in Siguatepeque, Honduras. Many times it is the difference between starving, risking illegal and dangerous immigration through Mexico, and supporting a family.

I am back from Honduras. The cooperative was not. I was supposed to meet a beekeeper in Honduras but did not get time. I have pictures of my trip at
    http://americasbeekeeper.com/Honduras.htm
    The pictures have nothing to do with beekeeping, rather my primary purpose in Honduras every year.
    The hive building workshop is coming fast. Please get in your orders as soon as possible. Thank you.