Thread: Alabama Beek

Hybrid View

Default Alabama Beek

Good morning, y'all! No idea how I missed this forum before, but I'm glad I found it -- there seems to be a goodly number of Bama folk on board.

I'm in Shelby County, AL, out in the country; started with a couple of hives last Spring and will be adding to them this year. I hope to build the yard slowly over the next couple of years, so that when I fully retire, I will be knowledgeable enough to manage a couple of dozen hives. Meantime, I'm trying to connect with other beeks, joining the State Association, etc. in order to benefit from the experiences and wisdom of others.

Good to be here!

Default Re: Alabama Beek

Hi fr a fellow Alabamian,
    S. Al. just above the state of Al/Fl line. Seems that the Shelby area is getting a lot of new Beeks lately. That's good to hear.
    Going to Auburn for the 15TH Annual Beekeeping Symposium? Here is a registration form if you need it.

Hello, HAB.... I "know" you from another forum. Yes, Shelby County is picking up: I know of three folks who are just getting into beekeeping (I'm a newcomer, myself) and several who have been at this for years.

I just got my registration confirmation out of the mailbox about an hour ago, so I'll definitely be in Auburn next month. Look forward to meeting you!

Hello from Wilsonville. You are always welcome at the Jefferson co. beekeepers meeting. They meet the 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00 at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens. This club continues to grow.

The Auburn meeting the 1st Saturday in Febuary is also worth the trip. They said Rossman would be their with free shipping if you need any equipment.

Robert

its good to see another bama boy that enjoys beekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by jbeezs View Post
    its good to see another bama boy that enjoys beekeeping.
    Hey, jbeez! I'm just up the road from you - in Vincent. I actually belong to the Masonic Lodge in Pell City -- good to "meet" you!