Default Hello from Northwestern WI

Just wanted to say Hi, I have been lurking here for quite a while, and finally joining up. I am hoping to get my first hive going this spring, so I am a newbie who is totally overwelmed! I have been doing lots of reading, trying to get an idea how to go about the great art of bee keeping! I look forward to all the great information you folks offer!
    Thanks
    Michele

Default Re: Hello from Northwestern WI

Hi Michelle
    And welcome to the best internet beekeeping site there is. Lots of friendly beeks with good info here to help you over the overwhelmed feelings.
    Nothing like thinking of spring bees to help get you through the temps Wisconsin is seeing now!
    Sheri

Hello and Welcome!

I'm sure you'll find this forum to be a great place to learn more about beekeeping. Be sure to check out the "How to Start Beekeeping" subforum - lots of good info covering the basics.

Also, check into joining a local bee club. Clubs are good places to find mentors and get connected with other local beekeepers. Hopefully, one of these is near you:
    http://www.wihoney.com/LocalBeeClubs.html

Michelle,

Welcome to Beesource. Wishing you the best of luck with your new hobby. Watch out for those WI bears. There is plenty of info here to get you through almost any hurdle you come across.

Shannon

Thanks for the nice welcome. I have so much to learn.

Michele

Welcome Michele,

No doubt it'll be much easier once you get the colony(ies) settled in. Just make sure your veil is on when you release them into the brood box. After that, it's a waiting game....

Jeff
    Honey is the best thing ever discovered ! www.greenanything.net/honey-bees.php

just joined the forum yesterday seeking bkprs in the area. its a bit of a drive for you but we are having our FIRST beekeeper meeting on wed, March 3, 6PM at the "SAND LAKe TOWN HALL" in Stone Lake. Gary Reuter from the University of MN will be speaking. You can contact Kevin at the UW Ext office for any more info 715--635-3506 or 800-528-1914. There aren't alot of us up here, but were gaining all the time.