Hybrid View

Jonathon and Travis Guest

Default Starting a brand new bee business

We're looking to start a bee business asap and were wondering if anyone had around 220 hives for sale: new or used doesn't really make a difference. Preferrably including brood chambers, supers, queen, bees, frames, foundation, ya know, the works. Also looking for new or used: hive carrier, trailer, pallets, hive covers, a smoker, 2 hive tools, rope or tie downs, 2 suits, and 2 pairs of gloves. Any help would be much appreciated.

Default Re: Starting a brand new bee business

Lots of hives come up for sale at the end of almond bloom-Horace Bell in FL has singles for sale

This guy still has hives for sale I believe-
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ght=John+Smith

For these- a smoker, 2 hive tools, rope or tie downs, 2 suits, and 2 pairs of gloves-It would be wise to just by new so you will get longer use of them

Good luck in your adventure

"We're looking to start a bee business asap"......

Have you ever kept bees before??? If you haven't, you are going to find out(ASAP) there is no ASAP about it.
    "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"...well that horse ain't got nothing on a bee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon and Travis View Post
    We're just getting started in the bee business, haven't even bought any yet, but would possibly be interested in this. My dad's currently a beekeeper and takes bees to Georgia every year. This sounds like a good deal. Do you know of anyone that has any good deals on used equipment?

We will have 500 10 frame 1 1/2 story hives for sale after the almonds (end of march).
    Call or P.M. for more info.
    208 739 3962

To start with welcome to BeeSource. I hope your dream and desire to keep bees works out well for you. I'm not sure of your past experince but, I keep around 150 or so hives. I'm a sideliner not a commerical beekeeper for sure. But, I can tell you the amount of hives your looking to start out with may not be wise. Please don't take it wrong, But I can tell you from the small amount I have and the amount of $$ your going to have to spend it can be a major heartbreak for you. 200 Hives in my area would require 600 or so supers. not to mention extracting equipment, Pest managment, a lot of your time. I would really do some research, talk to beekeepers in your area, talk to as many people on here as possible. I'm not trying to discourage you at all. You need to consider swarm managment, do you plan to increase every year? I keep my numbers the same and make splits to sell. You need to think about so many diffrent things with 200 plus hive. I know others on here will give you advise aswell. Good luck and God bless...........