Default beekeeper wintering in PA as my 3 colonies of carniolans winter in Maine

Began beekeeping in NJ in the 80's pre mites and less challenging times for the keeper and the bees. Began again 3 years ago in western Maine as a member of the Western Maine Beekeepers Assoc. Having good success with my gentle, hard working charges that provide family and friends with a most light and fragrant honey. Good to be among friends of the honeybee.

Default Re: beekeeper wintering in PA as my 3 colonies of carniolans winter in Maine

Welcome. Why such a long gap in beekeeping ?
    Honey is the best thing ever discovered ! www.greenanything.net/honey-bees.php

Default Re: beekeeper wintering in PA as my 3 colonies of carniolans winter in Maine

Major life and work changes. I knew that I would be back. Didn't think it would take such a long time.

Hi Beeman207.

I'm wintering here in Maine along with my bees. Joined WMBA last year and took the 12 week course to see what I forgot or never learned since I last had bees in the 1980s. Maybe we met?

Hope you're having a good winter in the tropical south. See you at one of the club events, perhaps.

Wayne

Wayne,
    We may have met along the way. I attend the bee school usually during the second half and did attend this years Christmas party. Wasn't able to attend any open hives this year.
    Had a few inches of snow yesterday, wind and about 30 degrees today. Thanks for the reply, I look forward to talking with you. beeman207