Thread: new member

Default new member

Hi
    just a line to introduce myself, brand new to this forum, been keeping Bees for about 5 years, got 5 hives in Staffordshire uk

Default Re: new member

Hello and Welcome!

Noah

thanks

Wonderful ! We could respect a Brit opinion in the "Beekeeping 101" section.

What type of honey bees do you have ?

And does the U.K. allow different species too ?
    Honey is the best thing ever discovered ! www.greenanything.net/honey-bees.php

welcome
    A government large enough to provide everything you need is strong enough to take everything you have. T. Jefferson

Hi
    Got 5 hives three of which were purchased as nucs,complete with Carnolian Queens, however due to supersedure etc these are probably "Mongrels" from the local drone population by now, the other two hives are captured swarms (Mine) re-hived and allowed to carry on as nature intended
    I must point out at this stage that i am a relatively "hands-off" beekeeper, you could say lazy, i believe that the natural world knows best, and sometimes it is better to leave well alone, obviously i will intervene if i think there is a problem ie disease, swarm capture, feeding due to shortages etc etc
    I have one hive that i have only inspected once, possibly twice in two years and apart from taking a little honey for my personal use, this hive thrives.
    regards
    greyfox