Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from KY

Default Re: Hello from KY

Quote Originally Posted by slickbrightspear View Post
    when they have 7 frames drawn i usually move the outer undrawn frames to the inside and add a box on top
    Move them in one frame or move them to the center?? I was thinking about waiting up until that point and then moving the outter frames in one frame on both sides and add another hive body! Does this sound like a good game plan??..Now if i have connections to purchasing another package or nuc i would be set. All i could get was one package, they was sold out! I wanted to start 2 hives since i have heard that its best to start up 2 just in case anything happens to one of them you have the other to fall back on! so far i can not find any more bees in my area or anyone that will ship the bees so im just lucky to have this package that im getting this saturday!

I would move 2 of them in one frame and then one in the middle. private message cleo hogan jr on here he may have some hives for sale sometimes he does and he is over in park city thats not to terribly far from you.

Quote Originally Posted by slickbrightspear View Post
    I would move 2 of them in one frame and then one in the middle. private message cleo hogan jr on here he may have some hives for sale sometimes he does and he is over in park city thats not to terribly far from you.
    Walter Kellys called me Saturday afternoon and said that they had an extra package for me, so im gonna be picking up that package sometime tomorrow hopefully! I been rushing around dodging rain drops getting the second hive ready and in place. I have both stand ups side by side about 5 feet apart, just enough to give myself elbow room! since it rainned alot i put down some mulch hoping it would dry it up some. Usually the ground is hard as a rock but with all this rain its not hard no more! Any suggestions on weed control around the hives, what is a good method that will not harm the bees?? Im hoping the mulch will help the weeds some as well but i know they will be there eventually! Also is there a certain time that you stop feeding or do you feed all year round?...I believe i heard or read something about not feeding through winter but then i heard from a few that you can. So thats why im not sure since i have heard both ways! Thanks!!!!

Hi Welcome Bardstown Here

Old carpet works well to control weeds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12