Default Hoping swarms survives

I had a swarm call late in the day yesterday, to late to get them. When today as soon as I could, which was around noon. It was 43 degrees and misting out, they were about 25 feet in a tree. I bee vacuumed them as fast as I couple and brought them home and dumped them in a nuc box.
    I could see that they were damp and somewhat lethargic. I put them in a nuc because I thought there would be less room to keep warm. It is not going to get above 50 for the next couple of days, so we will see what happens.
    The cool temps are really not my concern it is that fact that they were wet. The good thing is the swarm was a good size.

Default Re: Hoping swarms survives

Quote Originally Posted by Slee View Post
    The cool temps are really not my concern it is that fact that they were wet.
    Congrats on the catch,

You should be fine. A few weeks ago, maybe a month, I had a lid get blown off one of my hives. The rain poured through the inner cover hole for several hours before I got home. That night, and for the next few days, we had very cold weather. Can't remember the exact temps, but much colder than TX. Those bees are now doing just fine.

Hope you can get some feed on them,

Shane

Thanks Shane

I'll keep an eye on them for the next couple of days and see if there is any activity.

You are most welcome. Hope your swarm prospers!