Hybrid View

Default First intentional sting!

I have dics trouble at c-5 c-6, awhile back I was in GA with fatbeeman, and took a YJ sting to the earlobe (crap that hurt) then a few minutes later took a bee to the back of the neck. Seemed to help my neck, but one time does not mean much. It's 50`+ here in Maine today so I grabbed one and put in in some tweezers so the wife could sting the right place. May ad another to it in a few minutes....
    We shall see...
    BTW does anybody charge customers to get stung? and if so what kind of thing do you make them sign?

Default Re: First intentional sting!

hmmmm, is this for real?

I just read "Health and the Honeybee" by Charles Mraz last weekend. I dont know anything about the guy, but it seems plausible. Enough so, that I think I will try a sting or two on a knee thats been giving me some grief lately, just to see what happens.

just did #2

I think without a license to practice medicine you shouldn't be charging others to get stung. That opens the door to a herd of lawsuits. Especially if someone became allergic following one of your treatments.

That said, you can package them and sell them individually to someone.

It is a matter of holding the bees correctly to get them to sting, or so I've been told. Good luck with the venture.
    Charla Hinkle

He covers how he did it in the book. It didnt sound like he had any problems with being sued. Though I get the feeling as a result of the place and time he was in, lawyers weren't much of a problem.

Default for real?

most certainly! how can you keep bees and NOT know about this? haha

i have a neighbor a mile or so away that keeps bees almost strictly for this purpose. I havent had the chance yet to talk with him in person but another neighbor told me that he charges a fee for the service. I dont know what kind of waiver he gets people to sign. i'm sure it could be a legal nightmare.

i read one article that said beekeepers in general were less prone to arthritis from years of repeated stings to the hands.
    -M@