Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Pollination prices

Trevor, I'm not "worried" about who it is, as I said earlier if it was someone I knew I would be more inclined to give the rumor some creditability. I do not know Ryan Cusins and he probably doesn't know me.
    As for the market this coming year, I have no idea what it will be in February 2014, I haven't guessed it right in 15 years other than it was going up.
    However, I do know what the market is today and if the beekeepers are trying to set a rate at $180.00 per hive as you say, the Growers are trying to set the rate at $145.00 . Just today I've received calls from three different growers totaling over 1,100 hives, (all in central California) (yes I realize it's a drop in the bucket but this was just today's inquiries) asking what our rates were, none of them are willing at this time to comment to anything over $145.00. I have one contract in Chowchilla that has agreed to $155.00 per hive and I have a small local beekeeper very happy with that rate. As a second generation almond grower for over 30 years, Yes, I do know a little about almond pollination, more than most, less then some.
    California Almond Pollination Services, Inc.
    http://www.almondbeepollination.com

Thanks for the information Steve. What are any move in dates directly to the grower?
    larry

Big Grin Re: Pollination prices

More fluff going on here than at the Orville Redenbacher popcorn factory.

P.S. it's Ryan Cosyns
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Thanks for the information Steve. What are any move in dates directly to the grower?
    We begin moving hives to the orchard the last week of January, but at least two weeks after the grower makes the last dormant spray. Our goal is to have every thing in place well before the 8th or 10th of February. I would rather be two weeks early than a day late.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jarrett View Post
    More fluff going on here than at the Orville Redenbacher popcorn factory.

P.S. it's Ryan Cosyns
    Still don't know him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shouse View Post
    Trevor, I'm not "worried" about who it is, as I said earlier if it was someone I knew I would be more inclined to give the rumor some creditability. I do not know Ryan Cusins and he probably doesn't know me.
    As for the market this coming year, I have no idea what it will be in February 2014, I haven't guessed it right in 15 years other than it was going up.
    However, I do know what the market is today and if the beekeepers are trying to set a rate at $180.00 per hive as you say, the Growers are trying to set the rate at $145.00 . Just today I've received calls from three different growers totaling over 1,100 hives, (all in central California) (yes I realize it's a drop in the bucket but this was just today's inquiries) asking what our rates were, none of them are willing at this time to comment to anything over $145.00. I have one contract in Chowchilla that has agreed to $155.00 per hive and I have a small local beekeeper very happy with that rate. As a second generation almond grower for over 30 years, Yes, I do know a little about almond pollination, more than most, less then some.
    I received $145 per hive in 2009. That same price for 2014 is unreasonably low.

Quote Originally Posted by busy bee apiary View Post
    I received $145 per hive in 2009. That same price for 2014 is unreasonably low.
    I agree!

And just to clarify I know "of" Dick and Allen Cosyns they grow almond or use to in Madera.

It was one of them. who made the comment.

The reason I ask who these brokers are (and I assume they do not mine their names being revealed since they are promoting their services via visits to your area) is because if its Joe Traynor or Denise Quails that are saying it, it a lot difference then if someone like.....is saying it.[/QUOTE]

what happen to page #12, we were just getting a first hand look at why alot of midwest keepers don't trust brokers. Shouldn't have deleted it, the truth speaks for itself, it was in raw form here last night.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jarrett View Post
    what happen to page #12, we were just getting a first hand look at why alot of midwest keepers don't trust brokers. Shouldn't have deleted it, the truth speaks for itself, it was in raw form here last night.
    Ir was very educational... not sure where it crossed the line.
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

I have commitments for field run hives at $180/hive for 2014. After the California Beekeepers Association meeting this week, the word was a $20-$30 dollar jump from what it was last year. Last year, I raised my prices in December and saw my price become low-to average by the time the market shook out. To say that almond growers won't contract for anything over $155 is simply not true. My growers have all heard the $180 price tag already, some were hearing hive prices closer to $200/hive and up.

These guys are worried about getting quality hives for their orchards. It's worth the money to guarantee that they will have the bees to produce their crop. Right now almond growers are showing a 4k profit per acre on average. They don't want to pay more than their neighbors or over the market price, but they also want to make sure they have the bees. Last year was tight on GOOD bees, and they know it… this year, CA has another ~50,000 acres needing hives and its been another relatively dry year. The number of good hives out there are going to be limited. If you are one who has put the effort into your hives and they are paying you back with health of an 8 frame average or more than make sure you are compensated for it.

current offer prices, just returned from CA state beekeepers meeting

paramount 160 base for 8 frame with bounus of 7.50 each for frame 9 & 10, & 5.00 per frame 11 & 12, max price 185

standard price should be around 180 for 8 frames & 160 for 6 frames with high probability of going up.

supply short, supply of good bees really short.
    Larry Pender,Jubilee HoneyBee Company,Camarillo, CA

Quote Originally Posted by UVBee View Post
    I have commitments for field run hives at $180/hive for 2014. ..............its been another relatively dry year. The number of good hives out there are going to be limited. If you are one who has put the effort into your hives and they are paying you back with health of an 8 frame average or more than make sure you are compensated for it.

You are right on "Double T". The way I see it the 180 is split as follows: Syrup since April $30-35. Sub $20. Sore back from applying $30 (aka labor) Bees and queens $50. Dead out factor for every great one going in $45. Trucks, forklifts and diesel... $30. That leaves $20 for the slack or the old lady....

Quote Originally Posted by LSPender View Post
    paramount 160 base for 8 frame with bounus of 7.50 each for frame 9 & 10, & 5.00 per frame 11 & 12, max price 185
    And that's already a $10.00 raise over the original contract they sent out just a few weeks ago. They're still low.........

I was offered $165 minimum 6 frames. last year we averaged 8 . I'm not sure about any bonus wit.h this contact.

Anyone have a link to how to go about evaluating number of frames?

I am looking to send a hand full of hives to Almonds for the first time. Have a local guy sending his down on the 27th. Weather has been good and I may be able to get a look for myself before taking them down.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Any price updates for the upcoming almond pollination??

what are you getting ?

sounds like we are going to get 175/155 which is awesome, just curious if that's about the norm?

Quote Originally Posted by MNbees View Post
    Any price updates for the upcoming almond pollination??

what are you getting ?

sounds like we are going to get 175/155 which is awesome, just curious if that's about the norm?

Care to share the distinction?

distinction?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast