Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Pollination prices

365K views 353 replies 119 participants last post by  soarwitheagles 
#1 ·
I wonder if we can get a thread going for the posting of the going or standard pollination rates for various crops.

#39 ·
I been reading this post and have got to wondering what is the total cost per hive on average going to the almonds, hauling to and from, feeding and pollen sub.? after all that is it really worth traveling to almonds when the price is $100 a hive, what is the base line price to make it good per hive(worth the time)?

#48 ·
January 6 Ag Alert, California Farm Bureau weekly add. Pollination service, ALMOND GROWERS, Are you looking for an oppertunity to rent high quality bees at an attractive price? 10,000 colonies available, 8 frame average, $117.00, 10 frame average, $127.00, Most of these bees live in So Cal with warm weather and a current nectar flow. I know of no beekeeper from calif. that ever worked with this broker twice. ( Nectar Flow ?) Where? Bees are robbing in the foothills around LA and Orange county. Alen Buckly 605-851-3304, Supplying quality bees for 40 years. There must be an endless supply of gulible beeks and growers.

#51 ·
I agree. This year my bees are better off in Ga. Besides if this year is anything like last year the bees looked almost worse coming back from the Almonds than they did going out. Its pretty crazy in Ca. If you remember a few years back prices hit 180 right at the end of the season cause they didnt have enough bees out there.

#53 ·
8 frames means exactly that...when you pick up the box and look from bottom up....bees are covering 8 frames(deeps) shallows/med count as 1/2 frame. My bees are now pollinating almonds...price went up. Had a offer of 190 to me less transportation Monday. Desperation has set in! Bet I'll geta contract before chritmas next year! My bees have came back strong the last three years....great flying weather now so bees should be doing good, just hope it holds. Grower told me today that first blooming variety will be in full bloom Friday...looks like a fast bloom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.