Hybrid View

Default Bees Needed 2010 Almonds

Semi loads of bees needed for almond pollination this coming spring.

These are all customers I have been dealing with for years. Minimum payment to you of $100 for good colonies. I do all the work.

PM me or speak directly on phone: 559 355 4221 (cell) or 559 292 7161 (home).

Default Re: Bees Needed 2010 Almonds

Bump. Right now I could place 4000 colonies.

What kind of strength are you looking for and how is that strength determined?
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

For anyone who doesn't know Tom is an excellent person to work with. Tom, wish I had known sooner...bees are already headed to Firebaugh under contract.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Now how does this actually work -- do you pickup and return the hives. How long do you have the bees for Pollination? Do the bees come back in the same condition?

Do you only pick up hives that contain 1 Deep. I may not be able to help this year, but possibly next. Appreciate all info. Thanks.

The strength requirement is a six frame average. If the weak colonies of 2 or 3 frames are culled out before shipping and half of the bees are 8 frames or better, no problem. I have never had any of these growers call for an inspection.

Thanks for the kind words, Alpha!

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPAguy View Post
    Now how does this actually work -- do you pickup and return the hives. How long do you have the bees for Pollination? Do the bees come back in the same condition?

Do you only pick up hives that contain 1 Deep. I may not be able to help this year, but possibly next. Appreciate all info. Thanks.
    PAguy, you arrange for shipping to a holding yard that you will coordinate with Tom. He then takes responsibility of your bees from there. Inspecting them, getting them to the groves and setting them. Once the bloom is over Tom will contact you with an approximate release date of the bees. Then he can work with you as to where the pick up is to occur and you let your driver know. The driver picks them up (Tom loads um for you) and they come back to you. Additionally, Tom will probably throw on pollen patties before setting but will usually ask and there may be a slight fee for doing this, but usually it's well worth it for the sake of the health and strength of your bees.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne