Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: What do you eat for breakfast?

Strawberries dipped in runny honey MMMMM yummo

kiwi

I don't have time to make it very often, but I love good Greek yogurt (full fat if you wanna do it right) topped with granola and honey. Mmmmmm!

Fruit (raisons, strawberries, blueberries, etc.), rolled oats, honey, walnuts, a couple of tablespoons of flaxseed meal, and pour whole milk over the whole thing!! YUM!!

When I was growing up in Wisconsin, Mom would make pancakes quite often for breakfast. We would always have them with maple syrupónot the artificial stuff but the real deal. It was made by Dad from the maple trees that were on our property. (I remember on Easter Sunday having to go home first when going from one grandparents place to the other so we could empty the sap cans).

When I had pancakes for the first time in Honduras, they served them with honey. It took me a moment before I could take my first bit. It didnít seem right to have honey on pancakes. At that time I had just started beekeeping and wasnít a honey connoisseur yet. Before this I had usually only had honey with peanut butter and bread as the after school snack (I could always find those two in the cupboards). It actually took a couple times of having pancakes before I began to get use to it.

Somewhat recently I was going back to Wisconsin to work seasonally. So I again had the chance to eat my pancakes with real maple syrup. But now I had the dilemma of wanting to grab the maple syrup as much as I wanted to grab the honey. Honey even tastes good on potato pancakes. (On a side note, you can now find the artificial stuff here in Honduras but not the real syrup. I stick with my honey.)

----------

Now honey in my coffee is something that I still havenít gotten use to. Iíve had to use it in my coffee on occasion (the sugar may run out in my house but never the honey!). It gives my coffee a funky taste, in my opinion. Coffee, especially if it some good local stuff, is better with just a bit of milk or even black.

On the other hand, coffee farms are wonderful places for hives. Two of my apiaries are actually on coffee farms. Between the shade trees they usually use for coffee and the natural vegetation that normally surrounds them, you can get a good production of quality honey. But that is as far someone should mix coffee and honey.

----------
    Tom

Whatever I want. I just don't want it until noon.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123