Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you eat for breakfast?

16K views 45 replies 36 participants last post by  gator75 
#1 ·
I ask as looking for ways to use honey in breakfast.

Of course I add it to my tea instead of sugar - but what else do you guys do to use honey in breakfast?

I was going to use honey in cereal, but it seems next to impossible to find unsweetened cereal these days.

#9 ·
Option 1 for breakfast

1. Toast bread
2. Spread 1 tbl or more of creamed honey
3. Add peanut butter over honey

Option 2 for breakfast

1. Blueberries in bottom of bowl
2. Add unsweetened cereal (it does still exist, but not common)
3. Add 1 tbl honey on top

I pretty much eat one of the above with each breakfast, so honey every day.

My wife uses fruit, unsweetened yogurt, oatmeal and honey. She mixes it all together. I have never tried it, but she loves it. She is now taking it for lunch also.

#19 ·
Bacon??!! wow....lots of rich folks here. ;)
I'm eating cheap compaired to what everyone else is eating on here. I am more like Ted though. I drink coffee until noon everyday and eat nothing. I eat a bite or two on the weekends. That's only because the wife cooks something, suck up wanting some scratch to go shopping with. :shhhh:

#12 ·
Not every day, but mostly I have oatmeal with honey and cinnamon. My cholesterol has dropped 36 points in a little over a year with no other changes in diet or lifestyle. A combination of the three is tasty and good for you.

#13 ·
This is my usual powerbreakfast!

#1 Shredded wheat on top of half cup blueberries (frozen) and tablespoon full of grape nuts with milk and then sprinkle some pollen on top and drizzle some honey.

or

#2 toast with peanut butter and pollen covering till no more sticks-drizzle some honey on top.

Drink--good tablespoon of pollen, heapin teaspoon of honey then fill cup with hot water.

#15 ·
I usually dont ever eat breakfast, maybe 2 times a week I eat a little something but I drink a pot of coffee every morning, yup thats right a whole pot(12 cup) of coffee, my cups are big though so it only takes about 5 cups to finish that 12 cup pot. :D

#16 ·
good gosh TwT, I would be vibrating all over the place if I drank that much coffee.

Home made biscuts and honey
big stack of pancakes and honey
oatmeal with cinnamon and honey

bacon and honey sounds good will have to try that.

G3

#27 ·
I alternate my breakfeast. MaltOmeal/whoney and a few grapenuts, or Oatmeal/whoney and a few grapenuts, or Cherios/whoney, or Kelloggs Corn Flakes/whoney, or 3 med. boiled eggs-2 pieces of toast made with homemade butter/whoney.

But I always eat my southern fried battered chicken with honey also.

#28 ·
Eat toast
Honey Wheat Oatmeal Bread
10 fluid ounces warm water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
2 teaspoons instant yeast

Place oatmeal in large mixing bowl, pour 8 ounces of boiling water over it; let cool until lukewarm mix in pollen. Mix 1 teaspoon of honey in 2 ounces warm of water and dissolve the yeast in it; let stand 5 minutes.
Add dissolved yeast to oatmeal mixture then add honey and oil, blend. Combine flour, wheat gluten and salt. Add flour blend to oatmeal mixture and mix thoroughly to form soft dough.
Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead 5 to 10 minutes. Form into a loaf and place in greased pan. Let rise 30 minutes in warm place. Bake 1 hour in 325 degree oven. Cool on rack. For soft crust, brush loaf tops with butter while hot.
During Golden Rod season I add 2 tablespoons of Golden Rod blossoms in place of the pollen.
Serve with Honey Butter
1 stick of soft butter whipped with ½ cup of honey or honey to taste, can use crystallized honey

#30 ·
I'm the designated breakfast maker at my house. The family comes up on Sunday morns and it's either

The 2nd best homefries ever -actually they're so good they take both 1st and 2nd :)
Fried Eggs your way
Buttermilk or Buckwheat pancakes with our own maple syrup
and Meat (Slab Bacon, Smoked Ham, Conrned beef Hash or such)
And toast with real butter and home made Jam

Or

Steel cut Oats with a mess of filings ie figs, dates, apples, blueberrys (picked from our bushes and frozen fresh) cranberries and appropriate spices and maybe a few rosehips thrown in.

Weekdays - well whatever I feel like that day. Gotta love those Grapenuts but some days coco puffs really hit the spot!

Always the best fresh ground coffee I can find (love Dark Sumatra) and Juice

This thread reminds me of HeeHaw in the old days and "Grandpa what's for supper?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.