Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What do you eat for breakfast?

4-6 eggs with couple slices of bread and home made yogurt.

or

olive oil, sheep milk feta cheese with few slices of tomato, cucumber and red pepper, bread and sweetened black tea.
    IT IS GOOD BEEKEEPING PRACTICE TO TAKE WINTER LOSSES IN THE FALL - Farrar

[
    now thats the meal of a SILVER SPOON , Then for lunch "Beluga Caviar" on golden wheat crackers chased with a fine bottle of 1962 Chateau

Last edited by honeyman46408; 11-24-2009 at 07:40 AM.
    Ted

I was in the Total Wine store at Northpoint the other day and noticed they had a bottle of wine that sells for $1,800!!!

Why, for that kind of money I could buy 6 bottles of our regular wine. What are they thinking?
    Liberty or Tyranny?

[
    just 6 bottle's hmmm, if I drank wine all I could afford is Mad Dog 20/20, I could get about 200+ bottles of those for $1800
    Last edited by honeyman46408; 11-24-2009 at 07:39 AM.
    Ted

just 6 bottle's hmmm , if I drank wine all I could afford is Mad Dog 20/20, I could get about 200 bottles of those for $1800
    Last edited by honeyman46408; 11-24-2009 at 07:40 AM.
    Ted

That was the joke, that an $1,800/bottle wine was outrageous, while $300/bottle was normal.

Our "go-to" wine is 1.5L bottles of "Twisted Zen". Total Wine retails them for $8.99...
    Liberty or Tyranny?

I alternate my breakfeast. MaltOmeal/whoney and a few grapenuts, or Oatmeal/whoney and a few grapenuts, or Cherios/whoney, or Kelloggs Corn Flakes/whoney, or 3 med. boiled eggs-2 pieces of toast made with homemade butter/whoney.

But I always eat my southern fried battered chicken with honey also.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." Nathan Hale, 1776

Eat toast
    Honey Wheat Oatmeal Bread
    10 fluid ounces warm water
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/3 cup honey
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 cup rolled oats
    3 cups whole wheat flour
    2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
    2 teaspoons instant yeast

Place oatmeal in large mixing bowl, pour 8 ounces of boiling water over it; let cool until lukewarm mix in pollen. Mix 1 teaspoon of honey in 2 ounces warm of water and dissolve the yeast in it; let stand 5 minutes.
    Add dissolved yeast to oatmeal mixture then add honey and oil, blend. Combine flour, wheat gluten and salt. Add flour blend to oatmeal mixture and mix thoroughly to form soft dough.
    Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead 5 to 10 minutes. Form into a loaf and place in greased pan. Let rise 30 minutes in warm place. Bake 1 hour in 325 degree oven. Cool on rack. For soft crust, brush loaf tops with butter while hot.
    During Golden Rod season I add 2 tablespoons of Golden Rod blossoms in place of the pollen.
    Serve with Honey Butter
    1 stick of soft butter whipped with ½ cup of honey or honey to taste, can use crystallized honey

Oatmeal (made from rolled oats) topped with cinnanom and honey. Delicious!

I'm the designated breakfast maker at my house. The family comes up on Sunday morns and it's either

The 2nd best homefries ever -actually they're so good they take both 1st and 2nd
    Fried Eggs your way
    Buttermilk or Buckwheat pancakes with our own maple syrup
    and Meat (Slab Bacon, Smoked Ham, Conrned beef Hash or such)
    And toast with real butter and home made Jam

Or

Steel cut Oats with a mess of filings ie figs, dates, apples, blueberrys (picked from our bushes and frozen fresh) cranberries and appropriate spices and maybe a few rosehips thrown in.

Weekdays - well whatever I feel like that day. Gotta love those Grapenuts but some days coco puffs really hit the spot!

Always the best fresh ground coffee I can find (love Dark Sumatra) and Juice

This thread reminds me of HeeHaw in the old days and "Grandpa what's for supper?"

Rice with a little honey and milk

Quote Originally Posted by honeyman46408 View Post
    "Cherrios" with Honey and a
    My FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kingfisher

Protein definitely carries me into the day the longest. No matter how much I enjoy oats covered in honey and butter, I tend to get hungry a few short hours later. Here's a good way to kill two birds with one stone, or one fish I should say. For dinner get yourself an over-sized piece of wild trout or salmon. Rub it with olive oil and crushed garlic, then sprinkle it with dill, salt and pepper, finally drizzle your favorite lite varietal honey over the salmon...bake or grill until the salmon is almost fully cooked but raw and reddish orange at the top, the key is to finish the salmon under the broiler to caramelize the honey garlic herb mixture. Douse with lemon juice and enjoy...but not too much...save some for Breakfast!!! The next morning, go pull a hen off the eggs...grab a few, and whip em up with a little cream from the goats or cows and then make a salmon omelette or frittata with chopped asparagus, cream cheese and capers. Recycling at its finest...of course with a piece of honey whole wheat toast, doused in honey, with jasmine green tea and honey for desert

a large piece of cornbread leftover from the night before with a light portion of real butter and a heavy portion of honey is great with dinner, but for breakfast I'm with TwT and have a 12 cup pot of coffee, but it only takes 4 of my cups to empty it.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

Oatmeal w/ raisins and honey, a glass of water and a banana.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

"The most important meal of the day" at least until lunch!!!!

We usually cook some fresh eggs, bacon or elk sausage, pancakes or toast w/ honey/cinnamon, tea w/ honey and pollen or if the snows too deep I'll make up some oatmeal w/ last seasons blueberries, apples, pecans and sometimes banana. sweetened w/ honey and toast. I have been sweetening my jams,fruit butters and jellies w/ honey lately too for our toast and pancakes. I try to grab a spoon or 2 of honey and cinnamon/ pollen if I cant get the wife up or I'm too busy.

I love french toast!

2 eggs
    3 Table spoons of honey
    1 teaspoon vanilla syrup
    1 teaspoon cinnamon

mix it all up, cook, and cover with more honey!!!! Oh and it is great with any kind of bread, white, whole grain.... anything

I'm trying to lose some weight so I've been eating a cup and a half of Fiber One cereal with a couple of tablespoons(more or less) on it to give it some flavor.I eat it dry without any milk.I put the milk in my 2-32 oz cups of coffee and when I want some protien I throw in 3 or 4 boiled eggs.I've already lost 53 lbs (and I'm still fat!) but I'm headed in the right direction.Its a real eye opener when you watch the first weigh in on biggest loser and you weigh more than 90% of the contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by TwT View Post
    I usually dont ever eat breakfast, maybe 2 times a week I eat a little something but I drink a pot of coffee every morning, yup thats right a whole pot(12 cup) of coffee, my cups are big though so it only takes about 5 cups to finish that 12 cup pot.
    If I did that I'd need a catheter, but to stay on topic, French toast.

My everyday breakfast is:
    4 eggs
    4 pieces of turkey bacon
    1 piece of whole wheat toast
    2 cups of coffee with 1 full large spoonful of honey in each cup!

Keeps me happy for about 2 hrs until its snacktime
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast