Default NewBee from Western Montana USA!

I am (amongst many things) a Master Herbalist - and hope soon to write a post here on using Plantain (Plantago spp.) for bee stings instead of Benadryl hehe! My hubby and I have been wanting to do something like this for more than a couple years, and the other day, he said, "Let's do it this year." So research galore this winter! We are convinced we want a 48-inch Top Bar Hive and will be making it this Spring.

I want to thank you again for this forum! I have also joined the Organic Beekeepers Yahoogroup and the Natural Beekeeping Network Forum! Looking at having more contacts locally, and perhaps a group here (of which I cannot find my post to the Montana thread - I hope it shows up tomorrow)! THANKS!

Default Re: NewBee from Western Montana USA!

Hi and Welcome,

I hope you will find the forum very helpful and I hope
    that this forum will answer all your questions!

Noah

HELLO from MICHIGAN----I am new to forum and like you this is my first full yr of beekeeping. I also joined my local and State clubs and Associations. Have you joined Amer. Beekeepers Fed. ? I read you are Master Herbalist--thats awesome, I am a Master Gardener and am 1st vice pres. of County MGA. we only have One mem that I am aware of that is a Herbalist also. There are only a couple of us that are beekeepers in the ASS. If it were not for our local club,I would have probably lost all my bees by now.-----Thanks -Pollenpal
    Last edited by pollenpal; 11-23-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: spelling error

hi and welcome to beekeeping, there are a few locals on here. we have manhattan, bozeman, the flathead and i believe kalispell, and greatfalls represented. i live 45 miles west of missoula. i run traditional hives, i went from 4 hives to 40 this year and am entering my 5th year beekeeping. where in the bitterroot are you guys? i am sure i will have some herbal questions for you in the future. i grow a pretty extensive tea garden, and the wife is into alt. medicines. ask lots of questions this winter. justin

Smile Re: NewBee from Western Montana USA!

Thanks NoahsBees and PollenPal for the warm welcome hehe! If any are interested, here is the thread I did on Plantain at the other forum:

http://www.biobees.com/forum/viewtop...asc&highlight=

Justin, I will toss you a PM here OK? I am all about networking in Montana, and I saw a few others on the MT thread in the groups area here! Thanks so much!