Default Which do you fancy?

I'm thinking of making lip balm pretty soon. Before I start the process, I need to buy containers and I was wondering, for those of you who make lip balm, do you prefer using the tubes or the metal tins? I like the idea of using tins, but I thought I would get some feedback before ordering any. Any suggestions are welcome Thanks!

Default Re: Which do you fancy?

Definetly tubes! My son and husband use my lip balm all the time and usually have dirty fingers. Think about it!

tubes are definiitely more popular

I agree. People much prefer to apply lip balm without getting "messy fingers".

Just a note Seeing I made my first batch with the tubes If you plan on labeling them pick up the shrink tube wrapper at the same time the common label didn't stick to the tubes I bought. The best price I found was Blue Sky. Bought 50 and my daughter when through almost half of them for teacher and so on. Don't be afraid to double your order. In filling them I took a 5/8 drill bite and drill 30 holes or so in a piece of 1/2 thick board spaced fairly close It work fine. But put some legs under it the height of the tubes. Makes it a lot easier.
    My-smokepole
    My-smokepole
    http://www.davidspaintingandwallpapering.com"

If you get the heat shrink seals for your lip balm tubes make sure they are the ones where the top part can be removed and the part on the label stays intact.
    On another note, I was having problems keeping labels on my hand salve jars, and found that SKS bottle carries shrink wraps for most of the jars they sell.

Personally, I always like the little jars, like Carmax comes in.

Big Bear
    No, I am NOT a bee "Keeper". Anything I post is just my opinion. Take it easy and think for yourself.

I use the tubes for selling but also use the small tubs for a tester. People always want to smell the different flavors and the tubs keep people from messing up the tubes I am trying to sell. I have seen a few people accidentally touch the lip balm tube to their nose (YUCK) and then try to put it back thats when I decided I needed a tester.